Advanced build mode - Block removal [Solved]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I'm having a problem with Advanced build mode.

I'm trying to terraform a planet using a build block. I need to remove 100000+ blocks (maybe alot more), so of course I want to use the Advanced build mode, But it doesn't work when selecting more then 1 block at a time (nothing gets removed when i click). It will work now and then 1-4 times then it just stops working for awhile. So I'm forced to remove everything block by block. After an hour of clicking as fast as i can(with many hours to go) my hand is aching!

Am i doing something wrong or missing something?

P.S. I searched the forums and google but didn't find any Info on this problem, sorry if I over looked it.

Edit: I wrote a simple macro to auto click (super fast!) while I hold Middle mouse button down, so no more aching hand. It would still be nice to find out what is going on though.

Reaction score
    You still have to right click when in remove mode. Also depending on your system removing blocks from a planet can show down your game a lot as the collision boxes update

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, I\'m right clicking. Like I said, it works every now and then but 95% of the time it doesn\'t do anything when I right click (even spamming Rclick all over, it does nothing). My PC runs the game great, max settings, besides AA which is set at 4, always 55-60 FPS (using fixed framerate so 60 FPS is max), so I\'m pretty sure thats not it. I\'ve tryed clicking slower, giving it time, clicking fast, it just dosen\'t seem to want to remove blocks.

Thanks for trying to help though!

P.S. I can place blocks NP (lag free), its just when it comes to removing blocks, it dosent. I\'m talking about while using Advanced build mode, just to be clear. Having \"remove mode\" on or off changes nothing, I still can\'t seem to remove more then 1 block at a time.

Reaction score
    Are you trying to remove blocks that are far away from the screen? That has been an issue before, but was fixed for me a few patches ago.

Reaction score
    There is a way to make clearing an entire planet faster, use Cheat engine and change the values on Adv build mode, just google cheat engine to find it, no virus, it\'s a legitimate tool, even devs use it.

I only change the values i need, fortunately this also works on servers, I reccommend no values above 100 otherwise it will sause fps lag (which doesen\'t even show up in-game) to fix that, just relaunch the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @DracoNB

I\'ve tryed both close and far away, same thing, I Rclick and nothing happends.

@DeadMeerkat

As far as using cheat engine to change the values, that wouldn\'t help since the blocks don\'t get removed while using advanced build mode. So no matter what the values are, the blocks don\'t get removed.

The very few times it has removed blocks (and it only works 1-2 times then stops working), there is no lag, its instantaneous, So I\'m ruling out any type of lag.

More Info: I\'m using Kupu\'s 256x256 texture pack and CleanGUI_byPixelboy (not that these should break anything). I\'ll reinstall the game later and try again. But this is not really much of a problem anymore (although it would be nice to have it working). I wrote a simple AutoHotKey macro that Rclicks 20 times a Second while I hold a key down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    DracoNB was right, I was to far away from the blocks. I thought I was trying from close up, but I guess since I was trying to edit such a large area, I was not close enough. I\'m now able to remove blocks.

Advanced build mode still seems kinda weird though, like at times even though I should be close enough, I still have to change my angle to face the block I\'m going to click on for it to work. But I guess I just need to get used to using it.

A big thanks to DracoNB, and everyone else who tryed to help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah, when ever i open up advanced build mode, i cant click on anything in it. nothing happens when i click, help!