Adv Detection Docked Entities

Reaction score
    This is a 2 part suggestion.

First the suggestions, then the use case which has made me think of these.

Suggestions:
    1. Ability to identify what ship is docked to the rail with logic; and
    2. Ability to read specific blocks on a docked entity with logic;

Use case:

I have a drone mothership I'm building and I was thinking how it could be useful to detect the ship that is docked and make sure that it is one of my drones before storing it away in a hanger (don't want anyone to send in Tojan-ships :-p) I figured this could be achieved with some kind of blueprint, or other means, of detection with the ship core and then I could activate another rail path when it doesn't match to eject the invalid ship from my mothership.

Another thought I had was it would be awesome that when the drones were being taxied into the hanger they could be "scanned" for damage and sent off to a repair station before being stored away; I figured this could be achieved by allowing detection of blocks on docked entities. For example, I could have a screen on the drone which is always in the same spot (of course) and shows the [mass], [structureHpPercent], [armorHpPercent] (or whatever) as an indication of whether the drone was damaged, the mothership based logic would also have knowledge (a display) with how much the [mass], [structureHpPercent], [armorHpPercent] (or whatever) should be, comparison could then happen and the drone could be sent off for repair if the values do not match; also, if the display is missing, then clearly it's damaged... send off to repair.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this :)