Adv Build Mode Item: Curved Line

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Something that would help a good deal when trying to make more rounded shapes, a curved line.

As per the new Line tool, only it curves as if it were part of the Create Sphere tool in that it will give you a curved line that matches the length/height of the line you are making.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    so too lazy to try and utilize the circle tool?
    It's real easy to do now that you can just re-enter numbers and recalculate the circle

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    While, as far as I know, this hasn't been officially confirmed, I've heard multiple credible rumours pointing to splines being an extension of the line tool. That'll work for curves. For now, though, you'll just have to approximate using the circle tool.

Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    It's real easy to do now that you can just re-enter numbers and recalculate the circle
    This is an unfinished product with lots of missing features. It's weird to me that there is always someone who will jump in on a feature request and say it's just them being lazy or a noob or whatever as if the game was finished. I like the improvement to circles but that is a crude workaround at best. . . not a curved line tool. Making an S shape with a circle is like taking 3 lefts to go right.

Edymnion: They said that splines are eventually going to be added to the line tool. If you don't know what splines are, they are those little handles you can grab on some graphics programs to make a straight line curved.

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They said that splines are eventually going to be added to the line tool. If you don't know what splines are, they are those little handles you can grab on some graphics programs to make a straight line curved.
    Yeah, I know what splines are, I make heavy use of vectors in digital art.
    Yeah, crap like this are why I never looked back on leaving Cake server. Never met a single admin there that wasn't just like that, or worse.

Because god forbid we have a quick and useful tool for a curve instead of forcing the engine to calculate and render half a sector's worth of sphere to get one line out of it.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yeah, I know what splines are, I make heavy use of vectors in digital art.
    Yeah, crap like this are why I never looked back on leaving Cake server. Never met a single admin there that wasn't just like that, or worse.

Because god forbid we have a quick and useful tool for a curve instead of forcing the engine to calculate and render half a sector's worth of sphere to get one line out of it.
    Didnt say it was a bad suggestion you got, I just suggested you something you could use instead or until we get more tools. and yes you are lazy, we all are, we're gamers.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Didnt say it was a bad suggestion you got, I just suggested you something you could use instead or until we get more tools. and yes you are lazy, we all are, we're gamers.
    Please, I write automation software for a living. I'm not lazy, I'm efficient! :P

Thing is, I've seen the game crash before trying to calculate a spheroid for a titan sized ship. That is a LOT of extra processing power required compared to the simple results that are actually desired.

Reactions: jayman38

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Please, I write automation software for a living. I'm not lazy, I'm efficient! :P

Thing is, I've seen the game crash before trying to calculate a spheroid for a titan sized ship. That is a LOT of extra processing power required compared to the simple results that are actually desired.
    no no you find efficient ways because you're lazy.
    havent tried spheres but the circle tool works just fine when recalculating

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i would like this and i think the easiest way would be to make it so you select an additional point and then whem you select the emd point of the line that second point "pulls" the line outwards toward it.