Adv Build Mode: Area Selection Size

Reaction score
    While I was watching one of Skylord Luke's video, and I have noticed that when he was selecting an area with the copy and paste tool, the region size went beyond the default 10x10x10 size.

Video:Time (4:40).

When I went into my world, it is limited at a 10x10x10 cube, I have updated to the latest version.
    I wish to know how to increase the size of the area selection.

Reaction score
    There should be a setting in the server.cfg.
    Is the server config the file locating in the Starmade folder (D:\Games\StarMade\StarMade) and is it just named "server"?

Does in work in sandbox mode?
    If it does, what exactly am I looking for in the server config?

Edit:
    Never mind, I found it! Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
    i want to make it bigger aswell where is the config fil located, and i want to use it in sandbox and server

Reaction score
    The file is in the StarMade directory and affects all game modes (exception: server is hosted by someone else).

Reaction score
    Im sorry for asking but where do you get the Directory is it in the launcher or the Starmade folder

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The file server.cfg were you can change this is in the StarMade folder, not were you put the launcher.
    The line to change is "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 10".
    Obviously changing is only possible for single player mode, or if you own the server in multi player.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    This didnt work for me. I edited the line to look like this "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 50 //max area a player may add/remove in adv. build mode" and it still dosent work.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This didnt work for me. I edited the line to look like this "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 50 //max area a player may add/remove in adv. build mode" and it still dosent work.
    Make sure to save the file and reload your game.
    Also, build mode size is a server setting, if you are on a server, their setting overrules yours (Since too large an area would cause server lag). This only works for your Singleplayer unless you are the one controlling the server.

Reaction score
    Make sure to save the file and reload your game.
    Also, build mode size is a server setting, if you are on a server, their setting overrules yours (Since too large an area would cause server lag). This only works for your Singleplayer unless you are the one controlling the server.
    Im on sandbox, i saved the file and have reloaded the game and it still dosent work.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Im on sandbox, i saved the file and have reloaded the game and it still dosent work.
    Make sure you are editing the right file then, if you have multiple installs, you may have changed the wrong one. Check the directory and all.

Reaction score
    Make sure you are editing the right file then, if you have multiple installs, you may have changed the wrong one. Check the directory and all.
    I am editing the file called "Sever.cfg" and I have only downloaded it once. The only thing I noticed is that it looks different since I edited it with notepad.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426697668,1426695813][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I am editing the file called "Sever.cfg" and I have only downloaded it once. The only thing I noticed is that it looks different since I edited it with notepad.
    Never mind I figured it out thanks for your help!!