Admin/Creative GUI with ''drag'n'drop'' blocks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, it's a little annoying having to type /giveid GROOV3ST3R ''whatever I wanted'' 10000000 separately for every single item:
    - Black hull
    - Black Hull Penta
    - Black Hull Tetra
    - Black Hull Wedge
    - Yellow Hull
    - Yellow Hull Penta
    - Yellow Hull Tetra
    - Yellow Hull Wedge
    - Shields
    - Generators
    - Tanks
    - Thrusters
    - Cores
    - Faction blocks
    - Build blocks
    - Weps computer
    - AMC
    - Jammer/Cloaker
    - Cockpits
    - Plex Doors
    - Plex Lights
    - Plex Beacons
    - Turret Docking Unit
    - Turret Enhancer
    - Docking Unit
    - Docking Enhancer

I believe that covers the usual stuff I use during ship construction. As you can see, when I type everything out separately, it gets really... extensive. It's tedious having to constantly go into chat, scroll up to the last /giveid command and replace the number with what I want. Then, if I run out of it, I have to top it up. Alternatively, I can give myself a ridiculous amount of blocks but that's not the point..

The point is, StarMade needs a GUI like that of Minecraft: where you can select blocks from a large base, sorted according to function and drag them to your own inventory. This is so much more convenient than having to /giveid... Not to mention, blocks that are selected this way are infinite selections which never run out, but also don't have annoying little numbers placed on the icon.

To go with that, it would be great if the creative inventory would be accessible straight from the Quickbar - by holding Shift+Scrolling up/down through the block list. We could select in the General Creative Menu which types of blocks we want to browse through - so if you want to quickly access system blocks, you can just hold SHIFT and scroll through the pre-selected menu. Maybe by holding down CTRL we could scroll through ALL blocks in the game, just in case we want to find something that way... why not.

Another useful feature would be to increase the size of the Quickbar in Creative/Admin mode to either double it's current size or to use the entire player Inventory when scrolling without Shift or CTRL.

This way, we can go into the Menu, select blocks we want to carry and then access them without having to go back into the inventory. If we need different or special blocks that we didn't select, we can browse through everything to find them, sacrificing one slot for that special item. In case we want a different hull color, we can just Shift-Scroll through the Hull section and replace the hull blocks in our inventory.

And most importantly, we will not need to type in any commands at all - easy block selection and all blocks are infinite in the Creative Menu.

We could also specify whether or not we want to pickup blocks when removing them or not and whether to pickup loot. This would go a long way towards making a clear Creative inventory.

So yeah, these are my suggestions. I can work with the current system, I'm only saying that it could be done more efficiently and conveniently.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold

A Creative mode is indeed planned

also there is already a creative more work around in game.

here.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe this is off-topic, but I'd also like to be able to select custom scripts to run. So you can build one that gives you everything you need. Issue: This needs to be an admin-only feature, because it would be super-powerful.

Maybe a new admin-level chat command, like /run (E.g. /run custom_block_give.script.txt)