Adjustment to Galaxy Map View

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey all,

I know this might come across as flame-bait but I thought I'd put this out to see if others think the same.

While I am enjoying the major improvements and additions to SM in the latest version I am starting to see some quite annoying problems in regards to how "I" view the system in the Galaxy Map. I am getting overwhelmed at times trying to spin the camera around to see what is in the system that I am current in. The background galaxy stars are really obstructing my view of my system and the points of interests in that system. At times I am missing a station or a planet because that are sitting in alignment with the stars of the galaxy, it is becomes a bother trying to spin the camera to an angle where I can get an unobstructed view of the system.

I'm not suggesting for a moment to remove the stars, or have a button to switch them off, I am however however thinking that I'd like a auto dimming or muting feature so that when I start to zoom into system to look at the content of that system the background galaxy stars begin to dim/mute to allow me to see easier. Another idea is that you could put a some semi-transparent sides onto the system cube but not on the camera facing side to mute the surrounding stars so the player can see the content of the system more visibly.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Agree, disagree, other ideas? Let us know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    We can already filter out orbits, shops, stations etc on the map. I would think a filter box for stars would be pretty simple to add. My guess is it will probably be added in a near future update.