Adjust direction of Push system impulse by orienting its computer

Reaction score
    It seems to me that there's some functional redundancy between the Push and Pull passive effects ; more control over Push would be better. Gravity , docking and weapon computer blocks can already be oriented , so should Push effect computers. This would allow automated ships to strafe or fly in circles with a logic clock.

Pull system should have a different effect , friction reduction or something.

Reaction score
    I think that your suggestion about push effect direction for logics is going to be implemented in future version with the omnidirectional truster, but thte idea of friction reduced for the pull effect could be good for not to be presing a button in long travels between sectors and then you can do other things while.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Half-agree. Orienting the computers ought to be for decoration. Orienting the MODULES, now that's right.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It seems to me that there's some functional redundancy between the Push and Pull passive effects ; more control over Push would be better. Gravity , docking and weapon computer blocks can already be oriented , so should Push effect computers. This would allow automated ships to strafe or fly in circles with a logic clock.

Pull system should have a different effect , friction reduction or something.
    Actually, the pull system should INCREASE friction. That way, those who want lots of friction (say, for fighters) can have it, while the server friction stays at a minimum level.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How about adding a target object's speed as your offset-speed by pull-effect-%?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd prefer to see it possible to set in the menu the direction that it functions, rather than the computer direction. I've had to put in dummy computers for my computer rooms because the actual computers will fire the weapon sideways.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    That would be good but I would prefer Push work similar to the After boost ability in Armored core 4 where it acts as a sudden and fast omnidirectional thrust to allow you to dodge incoming fire

observe how the AC changes direction quickly. Thats what Im talking about