ADI-Forged From A Star

Reaction score
    The first true megabuild in starmade.Dimensions, H-2.7 km, L-12 km, W-2.2 km.

Image 1

(Put on hold till the game is progressed to a better state)

Reaction score
    my faction will be building this over a long period of time, will update with pics after the first couple of kilometers. will probably post the actual design soon

ADI CEO Hierarch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    the longest brick ever made, btw I can\'t understand why people make +1million block ships

Reaction score
    Because why not, we have unlimeted sized ship perameters. Why not build a ship that can take on a fleet of capital ships.

ADI CEO

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Because it can\'t. Put it up against a few perma-cloak fighters with decnt weaponry and it will lose. You will be relying heavily on turrets (if not entirey) as a ship that big will not turn. All the fighters need to do is pick off the turrets one by one. It won\'t be fast but your huge ship will fall to a few small ships.

I don\'t mean to sound rude, I am just pointing out a tactical weakness to your ship.

Sio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    every ship has tactical weaknesses. becaus of that a ship that size should have a fleet and some fighters or interceptors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Also the weakness to stealth ships is shared by all other ships. It just effects large ships more. If a ship can fly, cloak, and jam constantly than it is hard to beat.

Reaction score
    The ship is armed with 2 mushia class aa boats. 300 ark 281 fighters. and more than 1200 turrets

Reaction score
    The ship is armed with 2 mushia class aa boats. 300 ark 281 fighters. and more than 1200 turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would it not be wiser to wait for some kind of world(ship)edit for starmade? Building it even with brush size hacks seems a little bit hardcore. anyway- gl.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The idea is great, I support trying it, but, you do know all the blocks and stuff is loaded in your Graphic Card\'s memory, right ? You better have a 4GB graphic card to run... half of that.

As if I see it right, the size are:

2700 x 12000 x 2200

Where a star\'s size is, not technically but practically, 1000x1000x1000, inside the sun sector, where the entire sector is 2600x2600x2600, so no way that ship is forged from a star :P

Biggest build so far had 3000.

The latest game versions incremented a lot the performance and efficiency of loading huge stuff with less graphic card load, but still... I\'m not even sure if the max view range is able to show all that, as I think that 50, is 5000 m in meters.

Reaction score
    the ships in design stage still and is nowhere nere being even started

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How are talking forged IN a star here, or from it?

Because I really don\'t get how you could forge gas into something, it\'s just retarded..

And forging anything using a star as the foundry sounds extremely dangerous and counter productive.
    Other than:

\"LOOKADATBITCHES, MY SHIP\'S ALLOYS BEEN MELTED IN A STAR. WHAT NOW?!?\"
    \"Well we have these ships here that we did not require ridiculous protection to build, with the same alloys, because you don\'t actually need a star to reach those temperatures..\"

It\'s basically the same as saying \"MY CAR IS MADE OF GOLD, THAT MEANS IT\'S SUPER SOFT AND CAN\'T RESIST ANYTHING, BUT IT\'S MADE OF GOLD. I HAVE MONEY. HAHA!\"

This whole star-forged concept just seems incredibly silly to me..

Reaction score
    When a super massive star goes super-nova it exploades realeasing heavy metals. ADI shipyards have figured out how to harvest a star befor it goes super-nova. this ship was the first of the Forged-class ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If those metals are released upon going supernova, then why would it be any better to harvest them inside literally the hottest environments in the universe, when \"exploded\" stars look like clouds of elements in suspension? As so.

The whole concept just seems silly to me, that\'s all. It seems like one of those flashy \"look at me\" things to do.

Reaction score
    i cant stand it when people believe just because an idea is hard to comprehend that it cant be done.

if everyone were like that, we wouldnt be talking about this game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Because I never said anything about your ship not being done, just that the concept itself, the \"lore\" not the actual in-game ship, was silly to me. I think I specified it was my personal opinion too, every time.