Additional Hotbar(s)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    My goto ship has multiple functions; it has double salvage/pulse arrays requiring two hotbar buttons, a technobeam array, scanners, jump, overdrive, ion shields, ship core for docking, and currently three different weapon systems, but wanting to add at least a fourth. That's eleven to twelve hotbar buttons that need to fit on a ten button bar (at the moment I omit the technobeam).

Far more important however is my desire to have my regular hotbar NOT have weapons on it at all. I have had several mishaps in which I have accidentally hit a weapon's fire key instead of some other button, often to disastrous effect. I would dearly love to have two different configurations to my hotbar setup, one for peaceful civilian times, and another for combat. Rearranging things on the fly is both a lot of bother AND not something you will have time to do if you are jumped by a griefer while in peaceful mode.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like multiple hotbars as well.

I'm wondering how the interface would work. I'm thinking each hotbar would only have 9 selectable entries going forward, with the 10th ("0"), being the shortcut for "next". It would also be good to have customizable hotkeys, so that if you have more than two hotbars, you can select a specific one with the press of a button, regardless of which hotbar you currently have selected.

I would love if this were implemented in the new GUI update. Does anyone know? kupu or Calibri maybe?

We also need to have programmable ship control blocks. They need to be programmable, so we can add specific ship functions to those controls. (E.g. Make one a weapon system control computer, one a salvage and scanner control computer, a third computer have only helm control, etc.)

Reaction score
    This is a great idea.
    The other way this could be implemented is:
    1-0: select item from first hotbar
    shift + 1-0: select item from second hotbar
    ctrl + 1-0: select item from third hotbar
    alt + 1-0: select item from fourth hotbar.

Optionally, caps lock can toggle you between the 1st and 2nd hotbars (ie, as if you were holding down shift)

How's that sound? No cycling between hotbars, which can get you tangled up and confused in battle if you're on the wrong one. The last thing you want to do is accidentally disable the jammer when you meant to fire missiles.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I have an idea for how it could work as well. alt+1, alt+2, alt+3, etc, would switch you to an additional hotbar, at which point you could use normal number keys to switch between them.