Addition to the Majority of Power Revision Ideas

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    New Block Type: Reactor Docking Port, or any name that's better.

Limit: 1 per ship.

The primary difference between this dock and any other is that this block pulls energy from a entity chain instead of supplying it.

I would suggest that additional RDPs (Reactor Docking Ports) attached to an entity chain would be ignored/disabled by the primary RDP.

Example: Primary Ship>Primary RDP>Reactor Entity>Additional RDP>Additional Reactor.
    If this setup was attempted only the "Primary RDP" would draw power and the "Additional RDP" would still allow docking but ignore all power from the "Additional Reactor"

The RDP would also work with all other rails and docks already in game as needed. This would allow for cores to eject or be moved to a safe area if needed.

EDIT: Addition of "ghosting" a docked power entity and having it follow it's ejection route if it's Dock is destroyed. There by avoiding a collision check while following it's purpose.

The benefits of the RDP would be.
    (1) Allowing the a Power Revision that has a critical/overload function to eject from a ship. Allowing players to sacrifice a damaged Core/Reactor/Power plant to save their ship.

(2) Allow for construction and storage of multiple Cores/Reactors/Power Plants to speed up construction or repair of ships.

(3) Allow for the addition of a RP and Tactical system that doesn't break balance.

disclaimer: I will admit that the main reason I've thought this up is so I can have eject able power on my ship since I think it'd be really cool.

edit: I apologize if there are spelling, grammatical mistakes, or logic issues. I'm currently taking pain medication and it makes my head fuzzy.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are issues with docked entities which I think should be resolved first.

I wouldn't require a docker+rail at all except to set the position or queue an undock command.

Collisions could be intentionally avoided if ejection rails are immortal.

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are issues with docked entities which I think should be resolved first.

I wouldn't require a docker+rail at all except to set the position or queue an undock command.

Collisions could be intentionally avoided if ejection rails are immortal.

Only reason I'm suggestion a docker is so that the RDP can (1) drain energy from the docked entity and (2) disable reactors that are docked to the entity chain so as to avoid any exploiting of the system.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I know.
    But I would not force peoples using a broken system until it's working, thus it would be great if your op tells a solution for that problem also.​

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    New Block Type: Reactor Docking Port, or any name that's better.

Limit: 1 per ship.

The primary difference between this dock and any other is that this block pulls energy from a entity chain instead of supplying it.

I would suggest that additional RDPs (Reactor Docking Ports) attached to an entity chain would be ignored/disabled by the primary RDP.

Example: Primary Ship>Primary RDP>Reactor Entity>Additional RDP>Additional Reactor.
    If this setup was attempted only the "Primary RDP" would draw power and the "Additional RDP" would still allow docking but ignore all power from the "Additional Reactor"

The RDP would also work with all other rails and docks already in game as needed. This would allow for cores to eject or be moved to a safe area if needed.

EDIT: Addition of "ghosting" a docked power entity and having it follow it's ejection route if it's Dock is destroyed. There by avoiding a collision check while following it's purpose.

The benefits of the RDP would be.
    (1) Allowing the a Power Revision that has a critical/overload function to eject from a ship. Allowing players to sacrifice a damaged Core/Reactor/Power plant to save their ship.

(2) Allow for construction and storage of multiple Cores/Reactors/Power Plants to speed up construction or repair of ships.

(3) Allow for the addition of a RP and Tactical system that doesn't break balance.

disclaimer: I will admit that the main reason I've thought this up is so I can have eject able power on my ship since I think it'd be really cool.

edit: I apologize if there are spelling, grammatical mistakes, or logic issues. I'm currently taking pain medication and it makes my head fuzzy.
    Eject the core? Someone's been binging on Star Trek reruns again... Cool!!!