Add two switch

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I have been playing around with self powered weapon systems lately. The annoying thing is there is no way to shut off power being transferred from the host ship or vessel.

Why this is a problem. Well I designed a missile system that is supposed to shoot 1 group at a time. It works fine as long as the vessel it is docked to has very low power. But put in it a vessel that has substantial power it wants to fire all the tubes at one time.

This could be solved one of two ways allowed docked entities to shut power from the main ship off or add a switch to the weapon system to force it to fire only one tube at a time.

Both of these allow for better control and builds. They would allow for greater control and tactical design.

Reactions: Gunmetalmonk

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You COULD just use different missile computers and sequence the firing using delay modules, for this particular application. Just saying.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You COULD just use different missile computers and sequence the firing using delay modules, for this particular application. Just saying.
    Did you not read they are docked systems. There are already using separate missile computers and adding delay modules and such will do ZERO to make it possible for AI to fire them.

You can see an example of the type of systems I am talking about here http://starmadedock.net/content/ugly-cube-ship.3549/

If you are talking about taking them out of being modules I couldn't fit 50% of them together the same way nor could it have the continued firing capability and it wouldn't fire to start because of drawing to much power. Which is why each module is self powered to make use of its own power supply.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Looks like the root of the issue is control over power recharge. Perhaps an add an option to an entity to determine how it gets power. Self generated only or draw from master. It's Boolean so it should be a snap to implement.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looks like the root of the issue is control over power recharge. Perhaps an add an option to an entity to determine how it gets power. Self generated only or draw from master. It's Boolean so it should be a snap to implement.
    That was one of the two switches. 3rd paragraph list that and a switch to allow firing one group at a time.
    I didn't mean physical switches, I mean options that can be turned on and off.