CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    But RMB and LMB are taken
    have you tried using RMB and LMB for ship weapon? there is a different
    But if you think about it, place a weapon on 1 bar for focused, and put it on the other for unfocused. Most people only use 1 for each weapon/support anyways, meaning it would only affect jumpdrives (which use both always).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    But if you think about it, place a weapon on 1 bar for focused, and put it on the other for unfocused. Most people only use 1 for each weapon/support anyways, meaning it would only affect jumpdrives (which use both always).
    then what if i have 12 weapons that i still wann to choose focused or unfocused for each weapon?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just do it like Space Engineers. Having more slots would definitely be nice for those multi-system ships.
    this. i suggested a long time ago the same thing. we have 10 toolbars, of which we can scroll through with keys 0-9. then we use mouse scroll to scroll through them.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    then what if i have 12 weapons that i still wann to choose focused or unfocused for each weapon?
    12 weapons still wouldn't fit on the current hotbar, so you're screwed either way. I would also suspect that of using multiple CPUs to reduce power costs, and I already gave my opinion on that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about being able to fix a weapon computer as focus or unfocused and then be able to set it to LMB/RMB in a slot on the hotbar. Also, logic, effects and the scanner only need one button to work so do that with them. 20 slots, as long as you don't mind a little lack of versatility.

As for the jump drive, if charging is changed from holding the mouse to toggling with the mouse, then using it with one mouse button should be possible.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    But RMB and LMB are taken
    have you tried using RMB and LMB for ship weapon? there is a different
    I know, which is exactly why I proposed this, with the additional ability to put a weapon computer in BOTH bars at the same time.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    outside of build mode you could easily expand the slots by adding shift+(1-0), ctrl+(1-0), and alt+(1-0). additionally the alt+(1-0) set could be allowed in build mode. that'd allow 40 slots total, with 20 usable for building or flight, and the remaining 20 usable only for flight. that'd be a pretty good set of hotkeys, IMO.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    outside of build mode you could easily expand the slots by adding shift+(1-0), ctrl+(1-0), and alt+(1-0). additionally the alt+(1-0) set could be allowed in build mode. that'd allow 40 slots total, with 20 usable for building or flight, and the remaining 20 usable only for flight. that'd be a pretty good set of hotkeys, IMO.
    shift is already used in flight mode...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know, which is exactly why I proposed this, with the additional ability to put a weapon computer in BOTH bars at the same time.
    Except if one hotbar is fixed fire and the other is focused, that limits flexibility (like if I have a couple weapons I always use focused, like a stop beam and an ion beam, I can put those into the RMB and LMB of the same slot and switch between them easily.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We really do need more slots, and it's not even weapons, once logic can be activated via the hot bar 10 slots just will not be enough. My frigate uses I believe 9 already. Two cannons (one rapid, one sniper), two missiles (firing left and firing right), core, jump drive, scanner, ion defense, radar jammer.

I'm not sure how we should swap between the different hot bars but I do not really like the RMB/LMB method. I would probably support the numpad as the easiest solution.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do not really like the RMB/LMB method.
    For things that only require 1 button, it's good and will make putting things on fewer hotbars easier. The number "bar" to switch between different items on the same bar, the numpad to switch between different hotbars, and the ability to bind things or RMB/LMB only.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Except if one hotbar is fixed fire and the other is focused, that limits flexibility
    That is true, which is why I think pressing Alt in flight mode should toggle between focussed and unfocussed fire(but only on the selected slot)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Also, see ctrl+shift+#, ctrl+alt+#, alt+shift+# to easily employ additional hotkeys.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ctrl is used for rolling, much more control than just X/Z. I also feel like think that using Shift+ctrl/etc might trigger various computer related shortcuts.
    Plus some people like scrolling through their hotbars as well, like for when your in a dogfight for example.

Why not just ~ to toggle the rows, and the active row would work as it does now?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lets do a poll on the 5 methods
    1.) RMB/LMB 2 bars
    2.)Alt+number, Crtl+Shift+number, Crtl+Alt+number, Alt+Crtl+number 40 bars
    3.)"~"+number 10bars or switch between unlimited bars with "~"
    4.)Numpad 9bars < question on that, will java see number 1 and numpad 1 as same key? i have no idea
    5.)Alt+scroll unlimited bars
    6.)Other

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    lets do a poll on the 5 methods
    1.) RMB/LMB 2 bars
    2.)Alt+number, Crtl+Shift+number, Crtl+Alt+number, Alt+Crtl+number 40 bars
    3.)"~"+number 10bars or switch between unlimited bars with "~"
    4.)Numpad 9bars < question on that, will java see number 1 and numpad 1 as same key? i have no idea
    5.)Alt+scroll unlimited bars
    6.)Other
    Let me look on 2-5 (seing as 6 is not specified and 1 was proposed by me)
    2.)ctrl+shift and ctrl+alt may trigger some of the OS's keycombos. (Also, Ctrl+Alt=Alt+Ctrl :Þ )
    3.)not all keyboards have the '~' as it's own main key.(It is on the keyboard, as a keycombo though)
    4.)yes, java detects numpad and number-row keys as different. However, the numpad keys are already in use for some more or less hidden debugging functions.
    5.)possible, although a littlebit clunky at specific times.