Read by Council add loot to the navigation filter

Reaction score
    hello
    im not sure if it was already suggested
    but im having a dilemma

when ever I go out ratting I often face insanth mobs .. they fly incredibly fast and even if I hit them with a full nuke crossed with a stop effect they refuse to stand still even when they die

this means they don't stick around the loot they sometimes drop

and in space things get rly small rly fast .. so fast that allot of loot becomes untraceable

that's why I like to have loot display brackets aswell ... not add it to the navigation list cause that can be a mile long if the drop is rly big, but a bracket in space will help allot

regards,
    wanzer.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yep, it's been suggested a couple of times in the past.

Also, do you mean one bracket per small loot block, or for the loot cube?

Reaction score
    making a bracket for each drop might be overkill
    perhaps when loot drops put it in a floating chest
    like the one you get when you have to mush stuff in your inventory
    in that case its not a list killer when its placed in the navigation overview

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    hello
    im not sure if it was already suggested
    but im having a dilemma

when ever I go out ratting I often face insanth mobs .. they fly incredibly fast and even if I hit them with a full nuke crossed with a stop effect they refuse to stand still even when they die

this means they don't stick around the loot they sometimes drop

and in space things get rly small rly fast .. so fast that allot of loot becomes untraceable

that's why I like to have loot display brackets aswell ... not add it to the navigation list cause that can be a mile long if the drop is rly big, but a bracket in space will help allot

regards,
    wanzer.
    I was about to post a thread suggesting this, but found this in a search. I think items in space should have a navigation option to show. For items that are within maybe 10 meters of other items, it would group them into one object. This way it would also show items dropped by other player's ships or players upon death. What do you think?

Reaction score
    anything that makes drops stick out in the endless void of space
    I mean that's one of the reasons to be hunting rats... for the loot
    and now that you have to destroy half the ship its rly nice to have that bit of leaked cargo

Reaction score
    Yeah, this is a nice, useful idea.

I especially like the storage-based option, since we are still giving random loot clouds.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, pretty sure I remember them saying the loot clouds were going away soon, so its probably not very likely that they'll start coding in additional support for them at this point.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What they're doing with the loot system sucks.

- There are no loot clouds so those random credit boosts you'd get from farming pirates have gone bye bye.

- You can't salvage blocks from a defeated station; as it turns "decayed". You then have to essentially buy the whole station to capture it in a functioning state. Which is a pain since you don't have the aforementioned credit boosts.

- Ships overheat and disappear in less than a minute; further reducing your ability to farm. I know this can probably be changed in the server config but many newbies/non-technical people won't know how to change this.

- Cargo/Inventory item destruction... From inside crates... Really Schine? WTF!? :mad:

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    - Loot clouds DO exist as of 201.133 they're just hard to spot.
    - Yeah... that could be done better
    - Just overheated a 5.6k mass ship and it had a 90 second countdown... still pretty fast. I think the whole overheat thing is dumb anyways
    - Also tested cargo destruction... if shields are down and the cargo is hit, it just ejects the contents (i.e. loot cloud) at the cargo controller, they arent destroyed.... and it isn't all the cargo at once, just however many blocks worth that are hit.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Maybe instead of overheating a ship could become like the station decayed. And one would have to buy it or break the faction module or core to claim the blocks on it. But i disgress this is a thread about loot...

Sorry...

Reactions: Macharius
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    - Cargo/Inventory item destruction... From inside crates... Really Schine? WTF!? :mad:
    That's perfectly logical you know. It make you think twice before pew pew.
    Maybe you can write a suggestion about an armored cargo preventing this, at the cost of a greater mass. ;)

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's perfectly logical you know. It make you think twice before pew pew.
    Maybe you can write a suggestion about an armored cargo preventing this, at the cost of a greater mass. ;)
    In some cases; yes but in others, I must respectfully disagree.

I could understand the complete loss of electronics, complex machines or biological components and I can see crystal shards shattering to dust, but the complete destruction of many other items (metal ores or advanced armor blocks for example) doesn't make much sense.

Using the Star Trek Phasor/Disruptor vaporization thing to explain the complete destruction of certain items in your cargo doesn't quite work either, since we see a debris field when blocks are destroyed.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Maybe space itself is corrosive to loot... Who knows what space is made of in Starmade.

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the loot isnt destroyed guys, it just gets ejected... see previous post.

Maybe instead of overheating a ship could become like the station decayed. And one would have to buy it or break the faction module or core to claim the blocks on it. But i disgress this is a thread about loot...

Sorry...
    ---> Persistant Wrecks <---

Reactions: kikaha

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Maybe space itself is corrosive to loot... Who knows what space is made of in Starmade
    You know... that would be an awesome idea for certain kinds of nebulae in the universe update. I hope it comes to pass.

the loot isnt destroyed guys, it just gets ejected... see previous post.
    We read you. It was just an exchange on why cargo could/should or could not/should not be destroyed. Got to admit though; I haven't seen any drops in my new game. I'm going to check my server config file and see what's up.

Regarding the original topic, I think a HUD indicator for loot would be a much appreciated addition to the game.