Read by Council Add finite fuel and ammunition options to storage

Reaction score
    What's up,

As most of you already may have noticed, playing with a large ship is incredibly boring, there is no challenge, the ship does not need fuel
    or ammunition, we can stand by with flying missiles, and soon we only wreckage next to us, boring !!

To get a little more challenge had two ideas:

1. Finite Fuel:
    1.1 A new reactor two or three times more efficient than the standard (using a single block)
    1.2 This reactor can be turned on and off directly from the cabin when the ship needs more power
    1.3 This reactor to function must be connected to a storage area with fuel in it.
    1.4 The amount of available fuel would be shown in the action bar on the button on / off the reactor
    1.5 The standard reactor should receive a maximum limit of how much energy can generate (Configurable per server)
    1.6 If the ship consumes more than the limit, it would need to activate the secondary reactor (a small ship can never have, already a big ship needs to think about how much fuel to take)

2. Finite Ammunition:
    2.1 As the above example all weapons other than laser, might have to dedicate an area for ammunition, the size depends on the desired autonomy.
    I believe that this way, the larger the ship, the more it needs to be well planned.

This is my first post, I hope it is useful

All feedback is appreciated

XD

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    While I appreciate most suggestions this exact suggestion has been suggested many times. There is a sticky at the top of the forum of the most suggested ideas. Please read through that. Looking forward to more suggestions.

Reaction score
    What's up,

As most of you already may have noticed, playing with a large ship is incredibly boring, there is no challenge, the ship does not need fuel
    or ammunition, we can stand by with flying missiles, and soon we only wreckage next to us, boring !!

To get a little more challenge had two ideas:

1. Finite Fuel:
    1.1 A new reactor two or three times more efficient than the standard (using a single block)
    1.2 This reactor can be turned on and off directly from the cabin when the ship needs more power
    1.3 This reactor to function must be connected to a storage area with fuel in it.
    1.4 The amount of available fuel would be shown in the action bar on the button on / off the reactor
    1.5 The standard reactor should receive a maximum limit of how much energy can generate (Configurable per server)
    1.6 If the ship consumes more than the limit, it would need to activate the secondary reactor (a small ship can never have, already a big ship needs to think about how much fuel to take)

2. Finite Ammunition:
    2.1 As the above example all weapons other than laser, might have to dedicate an area for ammunition, the size depends on the desired autonomy.
    I believe that this way, the larger the ship, the more it needs to be well planned.

This is my first post, I hope it is useful

All feedback is appreciated

XD
    I think it would be cool to have a second type of power reactor that uses a fuel, but I'm personally not a fan of the ammo suggestion,