Recognized Add Effect slots to utility wepons

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would be nice to see the same effect system that weapons have implemented with the utility modules like shield supply and power supply beams.

It is an easy way to make a proper tractor beam or carriage system that uses power supply beams with a push module attached. This way it doesn't damage whatever it hits causing a hostile action and then faction problems

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The large majority of effects wouldn't even work with support tools. Sorry, no support. I'd prefer a sub-option for "declare war on hostile action"- "except for allies"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Then only do it for the useful effect modules, eg push and stop. The effect modules already do not all have an effect on all of the weapon systems like punch-through with missiles, i don't see that this would be any different.

if you add an 'except of allies' function then you will end up with 'allied' factions blowing each other up when offline and no way to prevent it/protect yourself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I do wish that the salvage beam worked with missile support so I didn't have to make a checker board array. Adding 'punch through' to a push pull beam could allow the beam to continue through one (or more) ships so you can tow a line.

Alternatively, consider creating a damageless weapon that will allow push/pull effects to be added to a non-damaging beam/cannon. I know that a 1:1 ratio takes the damage out of cannons, but having my push/pull modules damaged in a battle (changing the 1:1 ratio) shouldn't turn my tractor beam into a weapon.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Then only do it for the useful effect modules, eg push and stop. The effect modules already do not all have an effect on all of the weapon systems like punch-through with missiles, i don't see that this would be any different.

if you add an 'except of allies' function then you will end up with 'allied' factions blowing each other up when offline and no way to prevent it/protect yourself.
    The problem is that support weapons don't DEAL damage in the first place. Push/Pull/Stop work by converting weapon damage into momentum. Without weapon damage, it doesn't work.

Anyway, don't 'ally' people who you can't trust.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The problem is that support weapons don't DEAL damage in the first place. Push/Pull/Stop work by converting weapon damage into momentum. Without weapon damage, it doesn't work.
    I re-emphasize the idea of the damage-less beam. It can still have a number associated with damage according to how many modules are placed, but not actually deal damage on impact. Without a support/effect module, it would just be a beam of light.

Reaction score
    here's a refinement to the idea -

allow the effect beams to be used as primary systems when unlinked with a flat power. That way you don't have to multiply the blocks just to get the effect.

Reaction score
    I won't promise that you will specifically get the tertiary effects, but given the popularity of our weapon customization, it would be silly for us to not consider implementing a similar modular customization system for weapons themselves.