Active Chambers Add RHP

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Are active chambers meant to add HP to your RHP total, or is this a bug?

In v0.201.026 I (repeatedly) blow out 100% of the reactor in a ship with tons of chambers, it tells me it still has 70% RHP and refuses to overheat. If I pop the chambers it overheats.

I built new dummies from scratch to test. If I vaporize the reactor and it has random chambers that aren't active, then I get an overheat. If the chambers were active, I have to treat them as equal parts of the reactor because even completely erasing the reactor itself leaves me with 70% RHP. So it is possible to run your reactor HP extremely high, because functional chambers can be any size above the minimum. Additionally, if there are even a few blocks of reactor left that should be overheating, instead the chambers keep them alive and the ship can keep fighting (albeit with very low power).

This may be contributing a lot to custom AI pirate ships being rather hard to overheat in the current dev build, and I'm not sure if it's deliberate.

Reaction score
    This is an intended feature... It's actually a big part of why drilling is not as big of a deal as people said it would be. And why ships are so much harder to kill than they seem like they should be