Suggested Activation block and displays

Reaction score
    Hello fellow starmadians !

Just had an idea passing thought my mind, with all the logic gates and systems rising I was thinking about a feature that would allow for displays to show if an activation block is on or off.

Something like getting into the display a code as [BlockState+"ID"] or [ABState+"ID], that would allow the display to show an "ON" or "OFF".

With such a feature we could easily check the status of every system in the ship/station in just one room and not be forced to get to the system itself.

Now for the ID's of the activation blocks it would be created following a sequence ( maybe something like : first AB of the ship would be 000001 and so on). Or it can be just created randomly.

To get the ID you'd just get your cursor on the block and a little window would indicate it.

That's it ! Hope it gives some ideas !

Inspiration be with you.

Reactions: Lukwan

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    That's a good idea. Display module variables need a lot more options.
    Your thread title though made me think of being able to use activation blocks to change display module text similar to how they are used to change rail blocks; slave a display to an activation block and place a display with the text you want to switch to next to the activation block.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Been suggested many times and the devs are at the very least aware of this suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I recommend you check out FSM:22 to see what other kinds of display codes have been suggested. You might want to add yours to one of the existing threads.

But to pick a specific block on a ship, you wouldn't really need the ID (which is something different). Since each entity has it's own grid, it's just a matter of referencing the block's x/y/z co-ordinates. (I vaguely recall that the core is always 8,8,8 for some reason)

being able to use activation blocks to change display module text similar to how they are used to change rail blocks
    This has also made it to FSM:22, schema even mentions it in the Q&A video. It's a possibility, and also a popular one. But it has not been confirmed yet.

Reaction score
    But to pick a specific block on a ship, you wouldn't really need the ID (which is something different). Since each entity has it's own grid, it's just a matter of referencing the block's x/y/z co-ordinates. (I vaguely recall that the core is always 8,8,8 for some reason)
    Oh right ! Didn't think about that !

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Everyone knows I want all the display things.., but yeah, suggested. Thanks for posting though!

Reactions: Kaisaurus