Activate Turret AI using logic

Reaction score
    My suggestion is to make it so that logic is able to activate turret AI when connected to the turret docking block. Send an "on" (high) signal to the Turret docking block would activate the turret AI, and sending an off (low) signal would deactivate the AI. I would love to be able to activate my station turrets from inside my station.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think the only problem with that is that logic will undocked when connected to a turret module currently. You could always use the structure tab (Delete) to deactivate AI.

Reaction score
    Ah, I thought there was something blocking this angle... Figures that it would detach the turret instead... And besides, I would have to be inside a build block in order to activate the turrets like that. Is there any other way to activate turrets besides the direct approach? And if not, There needs to be an easier way.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well they are supposedly redoing turrets with the next major update (Probably v0.20), and apparently somewhere in the Dev blog I assume (found under news), there was a mention of wireless Logic (remote signals I believe). If Logic can be made to toggle BobbyAI on/off when connected to it, you could used the wireless-ness and toggle them that way.

I really should read the blog thread :/ been putting it off too much.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I really should read the blog thread :/ been putting it off too much.
    i know right, i put a lot of time into writing that thing ;)

But yeah, AI at some point will have logic control for it, just don't know when that's planned to happen.