Activate logic with core while docked.

Reaction score
    A while back I remember being able to activate a button on the "mother" ship while docked. This was great for when your landing pad moved into the ship for protection. It gave the ability to start the launch sequence with out having to have a wireless unit.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The core beam undocks, or not? I don't remember it being otherwise.

You could open/close doors with the docker beam, but not dock to something when a (open or closed does not matter) door was in the line of sight (core to dock)

Reaction score
    As of right now the core will open doors or activate logic. But once docked the core will no longer activate logic. Having a button/activation module in line of sight of the core while docked would allow a pilot in the docked ship to activate some sort of logic.

Reaction score
    I would still like to see this return. It would be nice to get into a shuttle and start a launch sequence without having to have a wireless for every place you might want to dock.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would still like to see this return. It would be nice to get into a shuttle and start a launch sequence without having to have a wireless for every place you might want to dock.
    I actually have a really good solution to this (I've also wanted to implement docking/undocking ops):

Displays connected to Rail/Rail docker to send commands to/from docked entities & beamed logic block

This basically expands on the use of display blocks, and extends the search/compare functionality to allow for pattern matching and string replacement. Instead of a logic signal, a docked entities could change the attached display's contents. Using logic, the entity could act on the commands sent to it. Instead of simple logic activation, this allows a more flexible way for entities to communicate. Unrecognized commands could simply be ignored, and players could standardize on a command set when docking to entities.

You your ship could dock, issue a request to unload ore, and then signal back that the ore unload process is complete, and that it's ready to load processed minerals... and then initiate an undocking sequence.

Then there is my suggestion to implement radios using displays: Radios + Display
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/radios-display.28319/