Accounts that have never been used

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

Why are there lots of accounts on SMD which have never been used? One of them for some odd reason has never made any interactions with anything or anyone other than follow me! :D

The account in particular (like many of the other unused accounts) that has followed me for some odd reason, has no interactions in the post ratings department, has trophy points or messages, has seemingly never made their profile any different than it would have been when they first got the account, and have not used it since the day that they created it. In this particular case they created the account in October last year (2014) and it has never been used since. Seemingly the only interaction that their account has had with anyone is following me! :D FYI this is the account (maybe they followed me because we are both pandas :D , or maybe the more creepy, they saw my account being called panda and then they created a new panda account and followed me :D ): http://starmadedock.net/members/nerdypanda.399993/

So I was just wondering if there is some sort of policy on fully abandoned account? Is there a rule that says something like accounts that have no activity on them for at least 6 months are deleted or something?
    Because there should be something like that so that people can't just spam the place with loads of accounts being opened.

Also, if a Moderator could somehow get the account that I was talking about to no longer follow me that would be much appreciated. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Please stop posting threads. My New Thread tab is full of pandas.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    My guess is that you made an alt to boost your follower count and then lost the password. Or probably not.

And agreed, Incap . Seriously Panda, the entire new thread list is a solid wall of panda.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    People need accounts to uplink and play on servers.
    Chances are someone saw one of your threads when he/she signed up and thought it was interesting, thus followed, then never came back 'cause hes/he never had to.

Reaction score
    Why do you want someone to not follow you? Unless they're not being creepy and stalking you then fine, but this account is inactive as you say? And anyway, isn't it a measure of how good your posts are or something, like more people want to see what is good or not? I mean, not in your case but yes in mine. /jk

I think that's very strange, Panda.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Moved to Site support :)

Please stop posting threads. My New Thread tab is full of pandas.
    As long as they're not spam threads (i.e. threads with no value or that serve no purpose), it's fine. You're always free to report threads that are spam.

--

As for following people, it's quite possible they are just someone who enjoys reading the Faction threads, or mod suggestions, or general discussion, basically just enjoys reading about StarMade and it's players. Perhaps they're not confident enough to join the community, or just has no desire to do so.

There's no way to stop someone following anyone, short of banning them from the forums, and that account hasn't broken any rules so it's not going to happen. You always could message the user and ask them to un-follow, or try using the forum's "Ignore" function.

D

Deleted member 392097

There's no way to stop someone following anyone, short of banning them from the forums, and that account hasn't broken any rules so it's not going to happen. You always could message the user and ask them to un-follow, or try using the forum's "Ignore" function.
    Maybe a feature like this would not be necessary in particular this occasion, but a blocking feature as described here would be really useful: http://starmadedock.net/threads/blocking.4376/
    And I hope that the Admins who manage the site could at least contemplate this, as in some cases the ignoring option is too little, but the reporting option is too much and there needs to be an option in the middle where a user can just decide that they want to stop most contact with another user. It wouldn't be too extreme (like it wouldn't stop them from posting on the same thread as the person that has blocked them - unless it is on their wall -, although it might stop them tagging the other person), but it would be effective, and moderators would not have to get involved at all, as people could just easily deal with the problem (if it is not too big) themselves by just blocking.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    As long as they're not spam threads (i.e. threads with no value or that serve no purpose), it's fine. You're always free to report threads that are spam.
    The actual content isn't spam, but the quantity of the threads is spam.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The actual content isn't spam, but the quantity of the threads is spam.
    Then why not report them? Reports create an official "paper trail" if you will, which the staff like to have in case a decision's ever in dispute.

I'll pass the link to your request thread on, but the problem is that from a bit of Googling I'm unable to find a Xenforo extension that'd do this, and I don't know anyone with the time and seniority to custom-write an extension such as this.