Access module

Reaction score
    Ever wanted to use the gravity module on a ship you are visiting? or have you build a big ass station only to find out that people can't open your doors to get in? or do you just want to give acces to specific players/factions to your ship?

Add'ing an "Access module" that can controll acces allowence for other placers to your doors,modules and weapon computers, even when you are in another faction.

When entering the module ((with "R")) you can set the access code to "own faction only", "all players", "all but enemies", "specific faction", "specific player name". You will add the effect of the module by connecting it (( just like weapons and factories with V and C)) to the wanted blocks you want it to controll.

This will add a much more friendly level to ship / station visiting, as you don't have to add risky people to your faction to, fly around with you or if you just want to show them around your ship / station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about coupling what you said to a more versatile switch block ? You could connect whole bunches of PlexDoors, PlexLights, etc. to a single switch/access block ? Even have management CPUs to which you could connect switch/access blocks ? You could thus either toggle bunches of lights or doors at the same time from a swith block, or do it directly from the ship core. Maybe turning all lights off during an attack from other pirates could be strategic. Also, lights and doors connected to a switch/access block would lose their ability to be directly toggled (It would make the switch/access block useless as a defence, else.).

Reaction score
    @vitar67 well yeah sure having a single switch block would be cool but having the option for both types would be better. what ever way schema thinks is the best way to implement this would be fine, I just feel like the game is missing out as an effect of the limitations the current accessability for modules give.

@charlie_ can\'t see your post bro.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"having the option for both types would be better\"

Do you mean still being able to open doors/toggle lights one by one eventhough they are connected to a switch/access block ? If that\'s what you mean, that would be a good feature, but it should be configurable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Vitar - I think you\'re suggesting something entirely different from the main idea here. Banjo is suggesting a block that allows players *not* in your faction to use blocks you allow them to use. You\'re suggesting a switch block that, when thrown, activates large swaths of blocks.

Both are great, simple, and really useful ideas IMO. The switch to make activation/deactivation of some objects simpler - if you could connect switches to other switches, you could have one throw a large door open/closed, while another throws ALL of the doors in a hanger open/closed, while yet a third throws ALL of the doors on a ship open/closed.

The Access block would be great to allow different players different levels of access to the ship; you could block off the faction module and core of a ship to everyone but you; while you allow faction members into cocpit, turret, and other sensitive areas; and cordon off all but mundane areas to unsupervised friendly visitors. Enemies could be given access to doors that lead to a trap or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is something I didn\'t actualy think about.

Sure, 3 locked doors and one unlocked will seem suspicious as hell, but what choice will the boarding party have? ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Personally, I\'d like to see a slight expansion of this that allows you to allow/disallow access based on faction ranks (so you could make an area that only owners can access, for example).

I like the idea otherwise. I\'d even be happy with it if it was just added as functionality to a Faction Block, which effects the entire object it\'s on (making it easier for the devs)