About Missile/Beam Interaction

Reaction score
    I've made my first fighter yesterday and I'm wondering what's the minimal beam support I have to had to my missile cannons to make them auto-lock ? Thx for the help.

D

Deleted member 433088

I think adding one already gives the weapon systems the extra effect, and more or less modules in the secondary just changes the degree of buffs and nerfs to the stats, but what do you mean by auto-lock? That I know the missiles can be dumb-fire, heat-seeking, and smart.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now the locking time is a fixed constant. Hoepfully that changes in the future

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    All you need to get lock on missiles is the computer. It will have exactly the same stats as a dumb fire missile but have the tracking ability. Adding beam modules will increase the speed and damage while decreasing the fire rate.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    All you need to get lock on missiles is the computer. It will have exactly the same stats as a dumb fire missile but have the tracking ability. Adding beam modules will increase the speed and damage while decreasing the fire rate.
    If I remember correctly, adding more beam modules does nothing to damage and reload speed, but increases maximum range and travel speed of the missile.

D

Deleted member 433088

If I remember correctly, adding more beam modules does nothing to damage and reload speed, but increases maximum range and travel speed of the missile.
    When acting as support, Beam duplicates at the same time the damage, the cooldown, the energy consumption, the speed and the distance traveled by the missile.
    At least according to the config files... if reading those is frowned upon, please do tell me :P

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That is how it used to be, beam slaves now add damage as well as range and projectile speed, while adjusting the fire rate to match. Higher ratio sniper missiles now take a lot more energy so you'll need more power tanks to compensate.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    That is how it used to be, beam slaves now add damage as well as range and projectile speed, while adjusting the fire rate to match. Higher ratio sniper missiles now take a lot more energy so you'll need more power tanks to compensate.
    Thanks for keeping me up to speed. I stopped using beam slaves a while back after I noticed that they weren't contributing to damage.