Abolish Loot Clouds

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just a Quick/Simple Suggestion.

I'm wondering if it can be changed that Pirates no longer drop Loot clouds when they die, but rather have onboard Plex Storage that are auto filled similar to pirate stations :u (this would also apply to Trader ships)
    Reason I ask this is because;
    1) loot clouds are a Pain to gather up if there is more then an inventory's worth
    2) When fighting Multiple pirates, it can be hard to find the Loot clouds again because of the drifting corpses do.
    3) Adds a little RP to it, and requires you to enter the dead ship (or blow up the chests and collect it loot cloud style :p)

I dunno, just thought it was something that might be fun.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    If it can be done.. Kewl.
    Wouldn't mind having to go on board. Though, it would require pirates to have plexstorages on 'em. Those without wouldn't give access to loot, I believe. <-<

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Those clouds are pointless ... half of them are 1 of a thing! :(
    I guess there will be a solution to that sometime in the future!
    Maybe through change able drop rules ?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you accidentally destroy the plex storage you'll still have a loot cloud. I'd prefer having something like a tractor beam which can collect the loot and put in plex storages without cluttering player inventory.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, this is a far better idea. Have it so that when a plexstorage is destroyed (not removed) some of the loot is lost as well.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Dropped items arent quite the same kinda entity as asteroids and Ships are :u plus there are so god damn small and you will have to pick them up one at a time (and its not a stack of 900 thrusters, it 900 stacks of 1 thruster)

And I know about destroying the plex and making the cloud u: I did mention that in the OP, it depends on where the plex are placed and the layout of the ship being shot at o- o and I wouldn't mind blowing a hole in a ship and seeing some stuff fall out :p would still be annoying to pick up, but meh.

When a plex is destroyed, it becomes like the system is now, but I would hope the plex arent clumped too closely. Though it might "promote" core drilling in a sense. :u You could also Customize amount of loot a specific ship have (Freighters with much loot? AI drones with Minimum?) and you could also try to custom loot drops through some fancy mod work later on methinks - 3-

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like a "real loot-cloud"

Some kind of space-dust which contains loot.
    Shoot at it with salvage beams or have some gravitational collector (area effect) which sucks items from this cloud into your ship's Plex'stores connected to this collector.

Just some random things floating through my mind.

And now the most awesome idea: "make it with convenor belts like in Space engineers! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like a "real loot-cloud"

Some kind of space-dust which contains loot.
    Shoot at it with salvage beams or have some gravitational collector (area effect) which sucks items from this cloud into your ship's Plex'stores connected to this collector.

Just some random things floating through my mind.

And now the most awesome idea: "make it with convenor belts like in Space engineers! :D
    Basically an entity block displayed as a graphical effect in the client, then you hit it with salvagers? A most excellent suggestion.

Reaction score
    how about creating a cargohold that would store the loot and with the idea of a gravitationaly collector it could draw in the loot into your ship and be stored in the cargo hold.. whenever I kill pirates I usually find my self ferrying between PLEX storage and back into my ship so I get it all before it despawns.. having a cargohold would provide a larger storage system that can have a higher capacity than the pilot's inventory which is usually already full with building materials and etc..

Reaction score
    how about creating a cargohold that would store the loot and with the idea of a gravitationaly collector it could draw in the loot into your ship and be stored in the cargo hold.. whenever I kill pirates I usually find my self ferrying between PLEX storage and back into my ship so I get it all before it despawns.. having a cargohold would provide a larger storage system that can have a higher capacity than the pilot's inventory which is usually already full with building materials and etc..

Reaction score
    I personally dislike loot clouds as well, the Isanth ships should be upgraded to have storage boxes, if there are storage boxes on custom ships a *SMALL* amount of loot should be in *a few* of them.

If there is no storage on the ship, then it should be on the body of the pilot or something.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As far as I understand the loot IS in the pilot's inventory, who drop the loot when they die.
    Thats more or less how it is :u though the loot cloud often contains more items then the player can hold (different blocks and all)

I dunno, I would like the option to explore ships to collect bonus loot, but I can see why a method of just vacuuming it all up would be nice :u Perhaps I could translate this idea into a Mod when the game is ready for such things * ^* With the Vacuum as the default method

Reaction score
    Why not make the loot solid? Then you can have a server config for it to be hoovered up, or bounce off the ship unless you get your butt out of the cockpit? Then everyone is happy!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    cause solid loot would probably equal Lag o -o plus all the loot would collide with itself and fling away o Ao