Recognized by Council Ability to Shift-C Logic Blocks.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I was working on an insane logic project involving memory cells, and I had realized that I needed to hook them up to OR blocks to output when they have data. Naturally, I predicted another huge grind selecting all forty T-flip-flops and setting the ORs as a slaved logic block for each of my memory cells. It occurred to me that this would normally take me hours.

It also occurred to me, what if you could shift-select multiple master logic blocks, so that when you place the ORs they are already slaved to their memory cell? This would save so much time. Then, instead of slaving a single block to the memory cells over and over again, you can Shift-C>V(or place logic) for each cell, and complete the task within seconds.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I was working on an insane logic project involving memory cells, and I had realized that I needed to hook them up to OR blocks to output when they have data. Naturally, I predicted another huge grind selecting all forty T-flip-flops and setting the ORs as a slaved logic block for each of my memory cells. It occurred to me that this would normally take me hours.

It also occurred to me, what if you could shift-select multiple master logic blocks, so that when you place the ORs they are already slaved to their memory cell? This would save so much time. Then, instead of slaving a single block to the memory cells over and over again, you can Shift-C>V(or place logic) for each cell, and complete the task within seconds.
    Have you tried? I know shift-V works on logic blocks.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Shift V just link a single block to a group, already tried getting a group linked to a single and we don't have that yet. :( Basically he's asking to link a group to a single not a single to a group.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have the same issue the OP is facing.

With 128 groups each with a 5*7 display panel, where each segment of the display needs to be a master to a slaved output panel, it is rather time consuming.

I would like to be able to have more than one master selected at a time so any block that is placed or pressed V on would become the slave of each selected block.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Shift V just link a single block to a group, already tried getting a group linked to a single and we don't have that yet. :( Basically he's asking to link a group to a single not a single to a group.
    Exactly, Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Could we get some kind of input on if this can even be done? I don't think it would help anything but logic work, but it would do wonders for us who like poking around with it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also bumping this since the ability to select more than one master block (only talking logic here) would greatly improve the lives of people who work with large chunks of logic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I am bumping this for use for rails to the new cargo system. shift + C the rail. then V on the storage block.
    and rails to logic... and logic to logic. .. so many uses.

It would also be great for diagnosing chains of systems. like power.