Ability to save space stations in catalog

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi!

I think it would be nice to have the ability to save space stations, like ships, in the catalog.

To save them, we just will have to use a build block on the space station and then save the station in the catalog, like a ship.

Thanks in advance ;-)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Suggested it myself in the past. Generally, making station block behave the same way as ship core minus flying mode for looking and moving would be nice.

Reaction score
    Yes, good idea. And maybe the abbility to add shields in stations that aren\'t in your faction home.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know if this was implemented, but last time I made a station I couldn\'t add docks... it was rather disappointing.

The only question I have is how placement would work since it\'s a static structure that doesn\'t move. Although I think thrusters should work slightly in a similar manner to ships for small adjustments.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be great.

There are two current problems with this though which need to be tackled first.

1. Buying it. You have to be next to a shop to buy anything currently. This could simply be solved by allowing anyone to buy a catalogued station anywhere, removing the need for a shop. Maybe a better solution, although it would take more to implement, would be a \'certificate\' you can buy from a shop which allows you to purchase 1 station from the catalogue.

2. Positioning. Since you can\'t move a station like you can a ship, when you purchase it, it would need a well defined location once you buy it to spawn it into. With ships, it doesn\'t make a difference, you can get in them and move them about after you\'ve bought them. If, for example, you build your station aligned with something else, an asteroid, a planet, another station, or around a shop as I did, you\'d need to accurately be able to define it\'s location. To solve that, you could place a single temporary build block which you can delete and replace as you need to. The block would correspond to the build block on the station you\'re purchasing. Once you\'re happy with the location, you can purchase the station and it will be built around the block which you\'ve placed. You could perhaps also be given an outline of the station to place it where you want, but I imagine that would be more work to implement again.

Unfortunately, adding stations to the catalogue is not a trivial addition, or I\'m sure it would probably be in the game already. We\'ll have to wait to see what comes with future updates.

Reaction score
    How about upon the purchase of a space station a ship will spawn called (ship name)_constructor. The constructor will not be customisable, have no weapons, no salvage beam etc. and will be invincible as well as being rather slow. The constructor can then be piloted by the person who purchased the space station to it\'s intended destination where an unpack option can be activated, which will promptly check the surrounding area for any conflicts and if there are none it will show a ghostly preview. Then you can confirm and the station will spawn.

This way it would function very similarly to building a star base in sins of a solar empire.

Reaction score
    Since Moph and tear151 have already addressed my main concerns and offered possible solutions, I guess I\'ll end this post with \"I support this idea\".