Planned Ability To Name Rail Dockers

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ships can potentially have dozens of rail dockers to accommodate a wide array of docking options (USD). I suggest we have the ability to name dockers so that we can easily tell them apart in the hot-bar.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    A definite YES to this. Since there's already quite a few dock standards out I want to make my ships have different docks that are compatible with as many as possible, e.g, one USD Type 1b and one UCC-style USD. This would speed up the process of finding the right one. Otherwise starnge docking mishaps might happen...

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, we need the ability to name anything in the hotbar, really. One of my ships has multiple weapon systems with similar effects but different configurations and purpose and they're hard to tell apart without firing.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, we need the ability to name anything in the hotbar, really. One of my ships has multiple weapon systems with similar effects but different configurations and purpose and they're hard to tell apart without firing.
    Agreed, ability to name anything on the hotbar is a must.

For example, big ship I'm building is going to have three missile arrays that are exactly the same. Two independent ones facing forwards, one facing backwards. All the same size, same slaves, same effects. Not only are they going to take up a third of the current hotbar, but other than trial and error to figure out which one is which, there will be no way for me to tell them apart besides just memorizing which slot they're in. Being able to name them "Port Missile", "Starboard Missile", and "Aft Missile" would be greatly appreciated.

Anything that can be put on the hotbar needs to be nameable.