Read by Council Abduction Systems

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Will be useful with the release of fauna/flora and can be used to abduct players and npcs.
    Can only be installed on turrets and requires a room on the main entity, defined in the Abduction containment computer, for targets to be stored in.
    The system has 2 computers, one is the beam component and one is the containment component, they will work with wireless connection from entity to entity.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    May i suggest "can only be installed on main entity" instead of turrets ?

otherwise great idea, especially RP wise.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Transporters can be used for abducting people, I assume it's the same for NPCS

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No they can't. Or at least the wiki does not say so.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463700788,1463700681][/DOUBLEPOST]
    May i suggest "can only be installed on main entity" instead of turrets ?

otherwise great idea, especially RP wise.
    I'd like more utility turrets in the game.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    No they can't. Or at least the wiki does not say so.
    Lol K, cause player operated wiki's are always up to date and accurate ;)

They can be used to abduct players, that's for sure.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can already abduct players with area trigger gravity shenanigans or teleporter shenanigans. No thanks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You can already abduct players with area trigger gravity shenanigans or teleporter shenanigans. No thanks.
    not, really not fun to do it like that.

way more fun to have a beam coming out (slowly prferably) of a ufo to wisk you away. Thats science-fiction !

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Will be useful with the release of fauna/flora and can be used to abduct players and npcs.
    Can only be installed on turrets and requires a room on the main entity, defined in the Abduction containment computer, for targets to be stored in.
    The system has 2 computers, one is the beam component and one is the containment component, they will work with wireless connection from entity to entity.
    I think this idea is hilarious. I would like this as a mod, but maybe not in the main game.

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So this post may still have a purpose, I believe there's a fraction of player that would like to beam/pull/teleport up entities on board by using some sort of weapon or energy projector.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    I wouldn't be opposed to the current pull beam also affecting pc and npc entities. Sounds fun.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I wouldn't be opposed to the current pull beam also affecting pc and npc entities. Sounds fun.
    Oh hell yes, instead of momentum-weapons doing real damage to players(currently).
    As rimer said, you can abduct people with the current transporter (combined with the hand-tool) or with gravity-trap ships (nom nom, you are eaten by poke-ball ship) Having a method to do this reliably and to an individual entity(be it player, spider, or other fauna) would be awesome.
    Slaver-ships need to be a thing, just like slaver-copters are a thing in DayZ(as well as "blood farms" for "vampire" players). Adds a great element.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    "Oh no, I have been captured by a player. If only I had a respawn butto-oh, wait."

And if you have a way to prevent players from suiciding? If they're new? They'll just leave the server forever. If they're established? They'll probably just abandon that account and play on an alt.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    "Oh no, I have been captured by a player. If only I had a respawn butto-oh, wait."

And if you have a way to prevent players from suiciding? If they're new? They'll just leave the server forever. If they're established? They'll probably just abandon that account and play on an alt.
    Yes lec, you've established you're a carebear, we get it. Go stare Noheart if you're not going to get in the spirit of the suggestion. :p

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yes lec, you've established you're a carebear, we get it. Go stare Noheart if you're not going to get in the spirit of the suggestion. :p
    Is this supposed to be some sort of joke? People aren't going to stay in the game if they're just held as a slave, unless they're an RPer or something. That's basic common sense.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    We can already do this just fine with existing things also insult us for making valid points isn't going to fly very far for long. Human Players (Unless they are RPing) aren't going to just take the being trapped issue for long and are likely to just logout, suicide, logout + create new account, etc to get out of the trap. I know because my HQ and side stations are rigged with all manner of traps. Also keep in mind most players have torches and will simply torch their way out. >_>

Limiting it to non-player targets would be smartest until the issue of griefers using it to thin the server population is dealt with.