A weapons logic question

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, since I had the time today to take the Abel Tasman on it's first salvage run there are two things to note.

- As expected the mining of asteroids - I tend to clean them out completely - goes faster then with a salvage+cannon combo, no real exact figures, but it certainly feels like that in contrary what I stated before, earlier in this thread.

- The other observation, since I use one logic deployed- and one manual deployed salvage+pulse array, is that the logic one fires using focused beams like using the left mouse button, while the manually deployed one, me, tends to use the right mouse button for spread beams. The difference, apart from the message for focused salvage beams when using the left mouse button (that doesn't show when using logic to fire), is that while panning over an asteroid the beams stay on a block that's hit until it's destroyed before following the panning movement. This logic behavior doesn't seem something that can be solved at the moment using logic.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, after studying some examples people gave here I've been playing with the salvage+pulse cannon combo logic some more and came up with the following.

Somehow I couldn't get storage blocks to transfer an item back and forth reliably, so I had to revert to an array of 30 delay blocks to get a 15 seconds burn time for each salvage set.
    The image shows the initial inactive state the logic is in with the 'M' master-switch on the left. This is the activator you need to target and toggle in build mode to switch your salvage logic on and off.

The whole system contains in fact three clocks, or two and what I rather call a timer. ;)
    Each salvage cannon has its own standard 0.5 second clock needed to give a continuing pulse during 15 seconds, the timer switches between the two clocks after a 15 second delay. The activation for 'S2' salvage is taken from the 'N' Nor and 'S1' salvage from the Or just above the 'N' Nor. The 30 timer Delay blocks are all linked after each other with the first from the 'N' Nor and the last back to the Or just above the 'N' Nor. This is enough to fire the beams one after the other indefinitely.

Switching it all off though without the need of handling the activation blocks of the individual clocks was a little more work, that's were 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' come in.
    At first I only had the 'A' Or linked from the 'N' Nor and from the Or above it so it was always active. 'A' Or was linked to 'C' And together with the 'M' Activator so it would be always off while firing and active when firing stops. 'C' And is linked to the 'S2' clock activator to force it active to stop the clock.
    I found this only worked when switching the timer off while the 'S2' clock was firing, but not when 'S1' was active because this 'A' and 'C' setup gave an active signal to the 'S2' activator slightly before the 'N' Nor, what started the clock again.
    To make sure the 'C' And active signal is the last the 'S2' clock activator gets I put a 'B' Delay between 'A' and 'C' and to make sure 'B' will do a 0.5 second tick I put a 'D' Nor linked from 'N' and into 'B'. Now the last input the 'S2' activator gets is the active signal from 'C' And so everything comes back to the initial state as it was before shown in the image.

I hope this all isn't too confusing, describing these things is an effort in itself. :D

Greets,

Jan