a way to fix the whole warp and faster speeds problem

Reaction score
    this idea is to allow an infinite speed.. but wait here the catch the faster you want to go the harder it becomes to acheive. the set speed by server are by default maximum speed for all vessels with with a bigger mass point and small thrust ratio. but what if you go over that thrust to weight ratio.... this is where my idea come sinto play say you have 20 mass but 30 thrust then you could go 10 KM/h faster than the originial speed limit but if you want to go faster it whould take even more thrusters 1000 thrust will only get you 500 KM/h faster or something along those lines. the easiest way to look at it is like an equation lets say you have 1200 mass and 1300 thrust. subtract the mass from the thrust to get 100 thrust leftover and you can now go faster than the speed limit set. say a good 50 km/h faster or something like that. if this was done it would not only fix the whole everyone wanting warp problem AAAND i beleive it could encourage some cool ships and even help with the creation of real speed oriented vessels instead of everyone wanting it to be just good enough and instead want to make things amasing

i will leave the equations and how this whould work up to the community and if this has been posted before please let me know but do post your ideas on my take on it along with that comment i'd like to know how the community whould really feel about something like this and how they think it should be done...either way tell me what you think

Reaction score
    Well the problem isn\'t that high speeds are too easy to achieve or anything, the only problem with higher speeds is as soon as you get past 50km/h the physics engine doesn\'t work as well. Crash into something at 200 and you\'ll probably eaiter simply go through it or get stuck inside, resulting in the engines being forced to teleport you around until you\'re no longer stuck which is a massive drain on resources with all the calculations it has to do, and don\'t even get me started on planets.

Tl;dr, Unless the physics engine was heavily rewritten and/or optimized, 50 is the maximum safe speed.

P.S. You didn\'t actually put forth any solutions to the warp problem.