A way to "build by plane" like in starforge.

Reaction score
    There would be nice to have a option on advanced build like there is in other similar games like starforge.
    Like the one in starforge where when you hold the mouse button on a face you can drag it into any direction "continuing" the face to any side, it helps and improve a lot building ships and its very easy to implement.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Would you mind clarifying? I really don't understand what you're trying to explain. An image would help, perhaps.

Reaction score
    Its hard to explain... Look at this video : At 1:35 the player starts to build a floor just draging the mouse arround, I remember it helps so much on building that it would be great to have it on starmade, and its so easy to implement.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432162941,1432162708][/DOUBLEPOST]I will try to explain, when an block is selected, if you click and hold the mouse and drag arround it would extend the selected face... I dont know if its clear now...

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    well we have advanced build mode which allows you to place down dozens if not hundreds of blocks at once. placing blocks by holding you mouse seems a bit redundant but I can see where it would be useful.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    More or less just sounds like a faster-to-use version of our build mode area sliders. Could be useful if you want to build faster, the sliders can be fumble-y when using a high enough setting for them I found. But if we are gonna do that in SM, why not allow it to be done in a 3D way with the 3rd dimension?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Advanced build mode definitely needs a revamp. I'm not at all satisfied with the selection tools. I've learned to live with them but eh. They're functional but they need a lot of work to make them more user friendly.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Advanced build mode definitely needs a revamp. I'm not at all satisfied with the selection tools. I've learned to live with them but eh. They're functional but they need a lot of work to make them more user friendly.
    Yep, I think that being able to click the bounding blocks would already be a major improvement. So basically press tab (or something) and click two blocks in order to create a selection box with those blocks in opposing corners.