A tribute to the unfinished Omega Starship

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    i wanted to show this off when it was finished, but with the new overhaul on the systems, i had to rework all my current ships. so far i have reworked the majority of them, but doing so i learned about integrity and how it effects power, shields, and thrust blocks, especially shields.

and then i tried to work on my biggest ship that was still a work in progress at the time, the Superior Class Omega Starship:

i was able to add the power systems:

and thrust:

but then i remembered the shield systems, and how its completely changed over...
    basically making a bubble around your ship? why? the old way was simpler, it coats around your ship, no reason to over think it... but this is how its going to be for now on...

I'm not sure if i am able to make a shield bubble that can fit my starship, its over 400m long:

and i fear making a shield reactor would require making a massive chunk of blocks that will clash with the entire design...

so i had no choice, but to consider this ship undone, and create a new version of the omega starship. one that's not so big, perhaps half the size, the designs will still be similar but more smaller, unsure if this will mean the interior tram will be removed, I'm considering keeping that feature. the diagonal elevator will still be a thing. and the overall reactor system goal is to make a chip that can do jump drives, have plenty of power for the weapons, and a few remote operated turrets...

the old ship will be saved and labeled "Legacy Omega Starship" the blueprint will be transferred to a separate file if anything were to happen that would ruin all of our saved ships in our catalogs...

you may reply to make me reconsider, but i already made up my mind, and will save the ship as a blueprint later this week.

i will leave you with a few other pictures of the superior class starship to pay tribute to what could of been my greatest ship:

the earliest WIP pictures:

(milano ship by Dalmont)

next to the now retired CLASS A starship 3500 (the first ship i built):

(below: omega fleet space station with old modules)

one of my favorite functions:

there wasn't much details back then:

the diagonal elevator:

inside the power chamber, there were trams that pass by:

it passes over the hangar

2018 pictures:

at one point i accidentally removed a whole chunk of the front section:

i wasn't able to get it back. so long front rail entrance

the bridge would of been a full detailed interior:

the tram station:

not sure how i will implement a repair station in the hangar, it'll probably just be a cosmetic thing:

the rest of the hangar:

as you can see there were slots for small transports:

these little guys

this was originally going to be a way to store the small shuttles, but it later became a cargo storage area:

and this would of been the entrance of the starship:

it had two doors to the sides that will lead you to either the core and weapons room along with the outer hallways that had living quarters, medical bay, cafeteria, and a bar. while the other doors will lead you to a lift to the second floor, where you had access to more living quarters, tram station, power chamber, a lengthy narrow hallway as another alternative to cross the hangar and to the diagonal elevator to gain access to the bridge.

there was also a lower level that can be accessed to the end of the hangar that lead to what would of been back up auxiliary power chambers (back when that block was a thing) the brig and a lower bridge, as well as room for even more things within the large wing segments...

but all things must come to an end, and this entire ship will be replaced with a brand new much smaller version that can better fit the benefits of the new systems...