A Suggestion for a community build

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Currently, there is few things to do on Starmade, and most of the people are getting bored on the game.

This is an old problem, but on my days as Illusive's owner, I used to make some events to keep the players interested on the game, such as PvE missions, astronaut combat and that kind of things.

Well, I don't have the power to do that kind of things anymore, but I do have an idea for people having fun - What about a small racing event ? Well, let me sum up the ideas I've get and been wondering about :

- It will either uses actual tracks or circle-waypoints, not sure what is best between them. Up for debating here !

- The racing ships used for this will be small, but will also have no power-regen blocks. They are going to get charged with Power-supply beams before the race, and this power will go down slowly as the player accelerates (due to the thrusters) - this will be their " Fuel "

- As the laps goes, if a player gets zero power, it will still be able to fly (since it's small, the core alone has thrust to move around) to a "pit-stop" location that has PowerSupply beams powered by logic shooting the area, for recharging this " fuel " and moving back to track. Of course, if someone notices that it's power is low, can go to this "area" to prevent slowing down.

So, what do you guys think about it ?

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Do you still have backups of illusive's database? If so, you could try to use the interior of those octagons as (part of) a racing track:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    StarMade racing certainly looks fun to me!

Reaction score
    for some reason I'm picturing swoop racing instead of ship racing. I think it would be really cool to have ship races, and it would be easiest with a track, perhaps as a space station.

Reaction score
    Honestly it would be easier to make a "race track" like the Letzer Ring Training course from Tachyon: The Fringe