A Starmade minigame! [mini-game name pending...]!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, i was flying around in a server filled with old ships with the cores left around and i ran into one and saw it drift and it gave me a great idea for a minigame.. CORESOCCER! it's just like normal soccer exept the ball is a core and the players are ships.. there should be a size/speed limit though.. i suggest 3x3 cube ships with 1 thruster, that way it is more fun and fair.. you would have 2 goals made from just normal hulls and the space in the centre where the core can fly through would be 12 wide and 8 tall, remember that a goal keeper will be there though :D

This mini-game sounds pretty fun and would be another thing to do on servers other than build, mine, destroy and fight..

NOTE: CORESOCCER is just a name i gave it because that's the first thing i thought of.. feel free to suggest any other names for it.. like Core-ball or something..
    [name is currently pending for the new mini-game]

Minigame name suggestions: SPACEcore, STARcore, CORESOCCER, COREball, SoCORE, COREgoal, ..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This may be the first of many.. Starmade is in alpha and no-one has thought of mini-games due to it\'s incomplete developement but with this one mini-game to start it off, there might be other games people can create.. so many possibilities :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can we please not start that type of discussion? We all know that what\'s meant here is soccer, not American football. It\'s just confusing that both can be called football as well and it\'s not worth arguing about.

Anyway, I do like the concept of the game. I can see specialized ships being designed soon :D

Reaction score
    You are completely wrong. We all know what\'s meant here is football. Soccer is an abominable word and American \"football\" is not football at all.

There. Done.

Reaction score
    pong with more players and the core probably wouldn\'t move so perfectly like it does in pong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unless you bring in a ship with a giant foot to play this minigame it can\'t be called football, because ships dont have feet xD and this argument has no point to it, whether it is called soccer in some countries and football in others.. there really is no reason to argue..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    oh god, the core can also have explosives on it so at first it will take out the first few players

Reaction score
    Then we give it guns and have it shoot the players! Wait... think we are going away from the original idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    w/e, also another idea ship racing with obstacles and explosives

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Any ideas you have for your own minigames you should post in your own topic for it.. starmade has so many potential for minigames that if i posted every single mini-game idea here.. its gonna get crowded really quickly.. I like your idea though.. please post your own topic of it ;D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    just throwing stuff out, I am only here because my game doesn\'t even work with the shader changes, and am trying everything to fix