A Starmade Machinima

Reaction score
    So I got bored and made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1qSD7u_6c&feature=youtu.be

It's a couple of hours' work, minus actually recording it. That took a little while to get something that was even remotely useable.

I guess you could call it a "wouldn't it be cool if Starmade was like this" video.

If people like it I might make more Machinimas with more effort put in. This is a pretty lazy attempt I'll admit.

So give me your feedback here, or even subscribe to my channel if you really want to.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Love it. We do need more stuff like this out there. Look around and see if there are any collaborations happening.

Reaction score
    I like this. Very nice. Did you just use AI, or did you have players? One thing might be to get a stealthed ship and shoot the video from a third person view of the battle.

Reaction score
    Can I be an actor if you do the next one?

Would be amazing if you started a little series, like 2 empires fighting.

Reaction score
    What was the command prompt in the navigation tab? I would like to help too, as this isn\'t \"remotly usable\" Its pretty awesome. fleet battles in starmade pretty automatically look freaking awesome so that might help.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That was really great, it had a lot of depth to it with the added effects and audio. I wonder how plausible adding radio chatter like that during combat to the game would be...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Great stuff here.

Videos like this are just what we need for advertising this game. Definitely make more if you feel the urge.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I encourage people to make more content for StarMade, continue doing what you are doing!

Reaction score
    Nice. Thanks.

It was all done with AI. Additional effects were done using Adobe After Effects.

Once I get Starmade working reliably in multiplayer I might look into using players as actors, maybe even get a short story or something going.

Reaction score
    For the limited ability of the game to do such videos, this is really good. I am hoping to see more in the future

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I hope to see more from you and others in the future.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    remind me to put you in contact with nameless. someone with after effects experience would be a boon to a project in the works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Keep us all updated I\'m looking forward to seeing how this progresses I have started doing a series on youtube as well with some friends

https://www.youtube.com/user/2Dudes1Player

Reaction score
    You sir are a genius. If you plan to make something like this in the future, please make a post in the forum and ask for help of the players here. I would be glad to participate. And Maybe we can use more and bigger ships :D

Reaction score
    I\'m sort of mulling over a few ideas. Thinking of making a short film or a miniseries based on Starmade, with the Starmade universe being based on the \'historical\' events on the forums. Stuff like the Vaygr Wars that I hear referenced all the time and Bradley\'s betrayal to that faction would form the backstory, though I would likely rename a number of the factions and people involved to be more immersion friendly.

As I say, I\'m just mulling it over. Thinking about it on the toilet mostly.

Ultimately, if it\'s a project that I do, I\'d want it to be a community collab thing. Get in players as actors, see if anyone can pull off some good voice acting, and of course get people in the community to design ships to be used in the series/short film.

But don\'t get too excited. If it\'s something that I\'m prepared to start then I\'ll make a specific thread calling for voice actors, ship builders, whatever, but if that happens then it won\'t be for a while yet.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Love the ladies voice informing you about what is happening. I definitely want to see that added at some point.