A small improvement to PD turrets

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I like putting PD turrets on my ship. Very many PD turrets, in fact. So many that, when it's all installed, I realise- this could probably do reasonable damage to a drone or small fighter. But, then they wouldn't be shooting missiles.

Thus, I propose- make the 'missile' option a line of its own in the AI menu. Give it four values:

• Never - missiles will be ignored.
    • Low priority - missiles will be shot at only when there are no ships to target.
    • High priority - missiles will always be shot at, if there are none, ships will be targeted.
    • Always - only missiles will be targeted.
    That is all.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i'd prefer a priority list and the ai having the ability to repick targets when it can not shoot them either because the turrets movement does not allow it or the own ship is blocking the line of sight. but yes in a fight turrets should fire at stuff not just sit there trying to shoot something beyond their reach while something else dismantles them.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i'd prefer a priority list and the ai having the ability to repick targets when it can not shoot them either because the turrets movement does not allow it or the own ship is blocking the line of sight. but yes in a fight turrets should fire at stuff not just sit there trying to shoot something beyond their reach while something else dismantles them.
    Me to. I would also like a in-flight control system where I can group and dynamically reconfigure the turrets for new tasks. This would allow for using PD Missile turrets as assault turrets when there are no missiles involved or your main turrets are dead/gone. Or the opposite, when all you PD are gone and you can re-group and re-purpose some of your main turrets for PD.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Certainly, I recognize the need for much more sophisticated turret control overall. Now, I could argue that this doesn't mean we can't start with this simple. On the other hand, I think I'm usually the one who argues that no, we shouldn't pepper the game with small features and fixes where there should be a large and comprehensive update..

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There should also be setting for turrets regarding targeting ships of different masses. Something like:

-Prioritize ships < X mass.

-Prioritize ships > X mass

-Do not target if < X mass

-Do not target if > X mass

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I would like a list of target types (ie missiles, astros, ships, stations, turrets) and the ability to give each a priority rating from 0 to 5. All priority 1 would give equal priority, while setting missiles to 1, astros to 2, turrets to 3, and ships to 4 would be awesome for PD turrets. Zero would mean 'ignore.' Combine that with the ability to give a 0-5 rating to how much each turret should weight issues like proximity/distance, shield, armor, and system levels. It'd be even nice if all of that could be edited from the turret collective on the parent entity.