A "real" repair module with nanite.

Seem an interesting idea?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hi !

Some times i haven't post, but an idea poped in my head. and seem i haven't find any suggestion like this one.

I'm aware the game already have a repair beam, can be usefull in some point, but also very limited as it don't "rebuild" totaly destruct part.

So, i have think of some Nanite technology, who can basicaly be a computer + support module, making able to "rebuild" destroyed parts of a ship. (yeah, this idea poped while i looked at some stargate atlantis episode, who talked about wraith auto repairing ship ^^)

Imagine a medium sized ship, just survived his last fight, with a BIG hole 20 radius right in the middle of his beautifull body. (should happened to pretty everyone :p)

The point is; with a computer "configured" with the blueprint of the ship (aka "catalog"), the computer can be turned on, and starting slowly repair the ship, like 1bloc / 1s, or so on. Making repairing of large hole realy slow, basicaly useless in fight, compared to repair beam. But, really more convenient while in safe area. The process should have some weakness, for exemple, requesting to turn off ALL the ship systems while repairing, including thrust, making the ship a floating derelict (may be interupted in case of emergency).

I don't think the support module for this system should change the block /s rebuild, as it can be far too overpowered. But maybe making each support able to take care of a limited number of mass. (ex : 50 mass/ module, making a 1000 mass ship needing 1000/50 = 20support nanite module)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We know we are going to get shipyards at some point. One can only hope that this will be a feature that comes with it.

Reaction score
    Oh, i though shipyard will just be a "new" way to create a ship, haven't really think about the possibility they can also repair ^^

Wait & see so :p

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This sort of feature is basically confirmed already. It will most likely come with the new hull health system.