A quick little docking suggestion that would help so much

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I play with collision physics on, because I love using drills as torpedoes, but it really makes docking a huge hassle, because every time I undock, the two docking blocks clip with eachother and they both end up getting destroyed. And then I have to do the reboot and wait for 30 secs to fix this tiny mistake, when I just wanted to see if my capital ship docking bay worked.

This is even more challenging now with magnetic docking, because even though I am moving slowly most of the time, it sometimes does damage, then I have to reboot, etc etc.

So, if you could please turn collision physics off for just rail dockers, rails, and other docking modules, it would save me and (possibly) a few others, tons of time and frustration

Thanks.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Collision isn't really a working system right now, so I wouldn't expect a fix before they actually put some work into it. Still a good suggestion for when they get around to it though.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would recommend not turning it off completely, but make it so that it doesn't register a collision at less than, say, half the server's maximum speed. That way, you won't inspire people covering their ships completely in rails to make their ships impervious to your torpedoes.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I would recommend not turning it off completely, but make it so that it doesn't register a collision at less than, say, half the server's maximum speed. That way, you won't inspire people covering their ships completely in rails to make their ships impervious to your torpedoes.
    Or make rail-docker ramming-ship.