A Question to all the ship builders.

Reaction score
    Now THAT is a fine piece of work. I tip my hat to you sir. :cool:
    tnx :)
    but im not sure ill ever finish it
    im not rly that fast with building detailed and im a bit of a german when it comes to making clockworks :x

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Well the OP was referring to inspiration and style not killer systems & combat. I would say that Panpiper has a good process for building if you want a good overview. Regarding inspiration I use google images for whatever I am modeling. There are always good Lego builds as well as scale-models and fan-art. I crop them in Paint and print out different angles of my subject for reference. Back of the envelope sketches are good for working ideas out quickly.

Doing original designs I start with getting a clear idea of my goals. (Looks vs efficiency. Combat or mining) I always have a color palette in mind when I start. I prefer a skeleton over a wire frame because you are less committed to your original shape. I don't usually over-plan. I like to be able to respond to new ideas as I go. I use the golden mean to obtain pleasing proportions and the Fibonacci number series to get shapes that are found in Nature. I always have a color palette in mind when I start. I don't use the same build technique each time so that I avoid ruts.

A Groove is a Grave with open ends.:cool: