A Question on Friendly Fire

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey I am working on making my first station and I have worked a pretty sweet 'Undocking' mechanism using logic whereby .5 seconds after you undock you are hit by an array of Cannons with push modules attached.

This works great for getting you smoothly out the door in a prompt fashion but given that this uses actual weapons I do not know what will happen if a neutral faction player tries to use the dock and has 'declare war on hostile action' ticked?

The canons don't actually do any damage at all (I think) ...(haven't managed to do any damage to a single core with nothing attached) but I still think that being hit by this constitutes a hostile action?

and if this is a hostile action can anyone figure a work around for a logic based undocking system?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey I am working on making my first station and I have worked a pretty sweet 'Undocking' mechanism using logic whereby .5 seconds after you undock you are hit by an array of Cannons with push modules attached.

This works great for getting you smoothly out the door in a prompt fashion but given that this uses actual weapons I do not know what will happen if a neutral faction player tries to use the dock and has 'declare war on hostile action' ticked?

The canons don't actually do any damage at all (I think) ...(haven't managed to do any damage to a single core with nothing attached) but I still think that being hit by this constitutes a hostile action?

and if this is a hostile action can anyone figure a work around for a logic based undocking system?

Breaking blocks is considered Hostile action afaik, so as long as it doesn't deal any damage to any block (shields still up), it should be fine.

But to be sure, you could always get a friend to help you test it.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Nope, regardless of weither or not blocks are destroyed, being hit by a weapon, regardless of how much damage it does, will count as a hostile action.

Reaction score
    ^ What these guys said. I (and others) have been suggesting an ability to make weapons deal no damage, for logic and effects systems. For example, instead of me killing blocks on a ship I'm trying to move it just moves the ship with the beam effects.

Yes I know you can add more effect blocks than laser but there still is a very small amount of damage that WILL add up.