A Question About Rails

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm currently building a large carrier style vessel that will have platforms that raise smaller ships out of bays for launch. Given that the smaller ships are around 2K of mass, the platforms are moving very slow. I realize that I need to use mass rail enhancers, but have forgotten where I need to place them. Would it be on the platform that's raising the smaller ship, or should I place the enhancers on the main carrier ship itself?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Main carrier. Multiple platforms don't add up, only the one with the highest mass determines how many mass enhancers you need.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the info, but despite placing 20 times more enhancers than what I need on the main carrier, the system still runs slow. I also placed rail enhancers on the elevator platform, too, but to no effect. When I go into the systems panel, it only shows a mass enhancement of 50 and states that the enhancers are not powered. Odd, as I was unaware that the enhancers required some sort of power source.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When I go into the systems panel, it only shows a mass enhancement of 50 and states that the enhancers are not powered. Odd, as I was unaware that the enhancers required some sort of power source.
    Yep, they do. 25 per enhancer if the wiki is correct.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright, now I've got it. Usually I have a well established power source on ships prior to working with rails. This time I didn't, since I started with the flight deck/hanger. Consequently the whole system was underpowered. After placing sufficient power on the main carrier, everything started working beautifully. Thanks for the assist, Malacodor.