A Question about Purchase

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could not find a "Questions" forum and this is the closest thing I could find.

So I played Starmade when it was freely available, and I really enjoyed it, but now comes the question of if I should purchase it. So here are my Questions:

1- Roughly has much content has been added as of Spring 2013?

2- What is planned to be implemented within the next 2 major patches (not bugfix patches)?

3- Roughly when will this game be available on Steam?

4- Will The asking price ($6) change when it arrives on Steam (to, say...$10)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since spring, quite a few mechanics have been added. Chain docking (docking ships that have turrets / ships docked onto them), structure control panel allowing access to all ship systems, including opening doors from the core and setting AI on docked ships / turrets.

Quite a few bug fixes, but also some more bugs implemented. The game runs significantly smoother than it did, but it has seen a few new issues spring up since then.

The rest of the questions will have to be answered by Schema, and I doubt he\'ll have the time. Good luck!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    There\'s been a lot of refining of game mechanics lately, and several new additions to the game as The Last Baron has said.

Upcoming features are a new player model with full blown animations, complete customizeability and a removeable helmet, a new MOB/NPC system with procedurally generated species, and changes to the way solar systems are organized.

Starmade will most likely change it\'s price/lose it\'s free-to-play and make good on it\'s Steam greenlit status once it hits beta and is considered relatively feature-complete and moddable by the community.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I understand that Schema has better things to do than respond to all the questions on the forums, but are there any admins or PR guys that might know?

In all fairness I\'ll probably get this game no matter what answers I get, just sooner or later, now or in a month or two.

Also, just throwing this out there, I found my old StarMade launcher, and I can play it no problems. It doesn\'t ask me for a login, it seemed to update just fine. Just a note for the developer, I doubt that I am supposed to be able to do that.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Greetings! I\'m currently acting community manager here, and I do a lot of forum/chat/website work with the other great Testers and Moderators.

As for the older launcher, yes, it can still play the game if you\'ve got it. Some servers, though, will require you to log in in order to connect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I appreciate what information you have been able to provide, I\'ll probably buy the game after Christmas.