A question about factories

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is there a way to limit how many items a factory produces? For example, I would want to have a factory producing computers , and as soon as a ship that is to be produced from the shipyard is constructed it uses that computer from the factory. For example, I don't want to always have to turn on/off the factories every time I need them. Can I not just leave them on, but set a limit, and as soon as its used, the factory starts producing again until that limit?

If it's not a feature currently, it should definitely be one.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It is not possible yet. The council has already put forward a request for this(with no response yet though).

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really hope it becomes a feature. Because then it will actually be relatively easy to set up a ship factory.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440684357,1440683835][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe a small feature micdoodle8 or bspkrs could slip in with the next update

Last edited:

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I certainly hope so, because I am really bad about leaving factories on and producing way more of something than I will ever need. I recently used up all of my sintyr making shipyard computers by accident....

Reaction score
    Through the use of some storage clocks and other logic jiggery pokery I have a set of factories set up to produce exactly the correct blocks for a single drone. I'm currently working on a counter mechanism that allows me to automate production for a set number of drones.

This is the nearest approximation of what you're asking for that I am aware of - but it only works if you are building the same thing over and over