A possible RTS adaption.

Are you interested in a star made RTS adaption fan game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
    • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Ship1.png Ship2.png Ship3.png StationBefor.png StationAft.png Greetings, Space-farers.
    I've been thinking, And exporting a lot, And I would like to ask you a question.
    Are you interested in a star made RTS adaption fan game?
    I understand schine wants to implement some form of empire management system to the base game, But I am referring to a strictly RTS adaption of star made's lore, Each factions wars, notable figureheads ect, in a way quite similar to, If anyone's played it, The original star ruler.

If you are, What engine would you prefer it on,
    Would you rather highly detailed ships or modified performance - efficient ones for grand battles between factions (Roughly 10 - 30 x the size possible in starmade),
    And would you be interested in some form of server hosting for this.

Now under normal circumstances, I would simply create a star made omage in the shadows, Without public notice, Yet I've seen plenty of posts of people who do not want star made to become RTS-ee. Which I completely respect, So id like to ask you all here.
    Some screenshots of renders listed below,
    Note, Credit to Skylordluke for allowing me to use his ships,

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have been thinking about making something like this in the shadows myself. I haven't really made a full RTS game and I thought I would be cool to use the ships I've made as units in an RTS. As far as an engine goes I've only really worked with Unity more recently but I am not sure what engine I would actually use.

Reactions: MacThule

Lerith

The Spammer Of Nukes
    Reaction score
    Weird, I was under the pretense people were strongly opposed to this...Not sure why. Interesting. As for engines, I assumed unity or java would have been selected, Java for nostalgia or what not. Seeing that, From the poll results, There is some form of interest in me continuing this project, I'll expand upon it a little more.
    Ill keep this post as a placeholder for future usage, As I was not expecting this much interest in a short period of time.
    Honestly, I'm really not interested in StarMade as an RTS. I can imagine some will be though, but it'll be difficult to mod the game to do that properly.
    It would not be a mod, That would be near impossible to create, But rather an independent game with starmades files, Lore, And likely characters incorporated in RTS form.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MacThule

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Honestly, I'm really not interested in StarMade as an RTS. I can imagine some will be though, but it'll be difficult to mod the game to do that properly.

Reaction score
    I should also note that I am a huge fan of RTS games and I've played all the popular ones. I've been playing since I was five with command and conquer 1. I get my name ComradeColonel from Red Alert. So yea my opinion is a little biased LOL

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If it's made into Homeworld-kind-of RTS I'm sold! =)

Only a few space rts have taken same kind of mechanics that Homeworld has and I think none are yet making a better job at it.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've already considered it but ships tend to have way too many Tris.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This has actually come up a few times recently. A lot depends upon whether you are looking at a tactical RTS or strategic RTS.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I will watch this VERY, VERY closely.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Those lowpoly versions seem kinda messed up. also why are you looking at vertices? you need to be looking at tris

Reaction score
    10-30x starmade' max is really big, because you can load multimillion block ships, or a few dozen smaller ones, at once in SM without problems. I can't imagine a fleet of 10 titans pitting themselves against a swarm of 480 ismiths.

Reaction score
    Wish there was some RTS element when commanding fleet action in a warzone , That and the option to actually see the fight in third perspective to see what am shooting at with my gun 2 light year away from me.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Honestly you could try to make a mod for sins of a solar empire or something, as making a new rts game from scratch might be pretty difficult.

Unless I am missing the point entirely and you intend on making a mod for starmade itself.

But I think this would be pretty damn cool (wish I had taken more part in starmade faction wars in the past now)