A Port to consoles

Reaction score
    I think this game would be a great candidate for porting to the Playstation 4. I can't say if this has be suggested yet (I ran a quick search) but I feel that playing this game on a more than capable console would be downright awesome. Being that this game is still volatile and still in alpha means that it won't be ported until quite a while from now but I really like the idea. Sony has clearly already expressed interest in independent developers. and it just seems like it would work. IDK, maybe its just me being crazy, but if it looks like it could be a potential feature, sign me up because I'd buy this game again in a heartbeat.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    It's definitely something we have been looking into for the future.

Reaction score
    I dont know but something about this just sounds like it would work.I think that the the PlayStation and Xbox one both support Java.

Reaction score
    IDK, the scale of Starmade makes me think consoles can't handle it. It is a lot bigger than Minecraft and a decent game gets laggy on my gaming pc.

But if it get more copies of this game sold, then why not?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I actually had a thought. Theoretically we could get around paying to get it on the arcade or disk copies by having a download on the site that is configured to work on Consoles right? After all you can browse internet with the Xbox Consoles

Reaction score
    I actually had a thought. Theoretically we could get around paying to get it on the arcade or disk copies by having a download on the site that is configured to work on Consoles right? After all you can browse internet with the Xbox Consoles
    Bingo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wouldn't mind it but as harsh for strictly-console-using folks as it may be, I'd rather not bother with it till we get much further down the development path, possibly even around golden 1.0 with all core mechanics added. Before then, not only it would drain resources that could be put into actually finishing the game, but would create redundant work - as long as the code of the core game would undergo bigger changes, many parts of it could cause potential issues when ported and would require sorting out.

But sure, one day it would be nice if console players could enjoy the game. Who knows, maybe even would be able to play with PC players.

Regarding performance, it may be an issue. Even more of an encouragement for the devteam to prioritize optimization so it will be able to work well on consoles without slashing off some of the features.

Reactions: Ithirahad

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I agree, this would be a wonderful addition for console users. :) ,but not until the PC end of things is "squared" away...lol