A pause function.

Reaction score
    Unfortunatly, I've decided to burdon myself with one of those 'jobs' that everyone seems to have these days. This means I have to be on call a lot, but I'm often home.

I'm sure many others have a job too, so for single player I'd like to suggest a pause function, so I don't get wrecked by pirates everytime I leave my game. (don't tell me that pirates don't hunt you, they do. You get a message saying 'hostiles detected in sector xx.xx.xx' they then fly towards you.)

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You\'re aware, of course, that quitting your single player game and ensuring the server has shut down equates to a pause, right?

Usually I\'d go into more detail now, but I do not think there is much more detail to go into.

Reaction score
    Should I (and indeed others) have to spend a few minutes quitting the game and restarting it when most games have me simply press escape? I don\'t know how to code so I don\'t know how difficult it might be to implement, but I\'m sure it isn\'t too daunting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think there should at least be a system time-out that slows interactions if no players move for x time.

Reaction score
    it\'s not easy to do though, and isn\'t worth the trouble (maybe I\'m just bad at making server stops but it\'s not fun) and I\'m speaking from a Dev point of view, not that I\'m a dev for this game

Reaction score
    Because the structure of the single player is == to that of running a server, just with no broadcasting for others to join. You can\'t exactly add a pause functionality to a server.

And it doesn\'t take a few minutes to close the game and restart it. If it really does kill you do take the extra time to do so, then you have other issues.

Reaction score
    Single player runs a local server every time you open your game. If you know of a way to stop a server and start it again, then put that in your suggestion. Schema is not likely to completely redo the way single player is launched for a single function. BTW, I do like the idea of a pause function, but I think Schema has an even better feature planned for single player-servers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You should be able to log out with your ship/make incredubaly hard to kill. Because afk killing is a huge problem on servers (for me anyway) especialy in the new people, who dont have equip for a fight but salvage people who are afk/ offline. Btw i know this would create combat logging but otherwise its annoying, you could have a safe logout option do.

Reaction score
    They are talking about single player... talk to your server admins then or find a different server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    absolutely single player should have a pause function. Granted, this is alpha, so I\'m not to worried, but still.

Launching, quitting, and re-launching a program just so you can go take a leak or answer the phone or talk to someone in real life is just plain silly. There\'s got to be a way, or at the very least a workaround.

Considering that you always launch outside your ship, I\'d rather not think about what happens if someone were in a fight with some pirates, closes the game just for a minute so the can get the phone, then launches the game again only to find themselves EVA in the middle of a fire fight.......

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    as stated in a previous comment by someone else singleplayer works like multiplayer with no broadcast.

If you are really that desperate go to starmade\'s server.cnfg and put 2,2,2 in the protect section area,makes

it so you won\'t be killed in that sector.

Reaction score
    If you have a problem with pirates on single players while afk, simply disable them

Reaction score
    actually pausing the game isnt this big problem schema just has to add an pause command for the server which either stops AI or everything and bind it to the singleplayer menu....

Overriding some events doesnt seems to be a big problem to me and it wouldnt change the way the game gets started lol...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe I can help you with this. I used to have the same problem. You need a 3x3x3 empty area with the ship core in the bottom center of it. I\'ve been able to place a few blocks in the bottom and still be able to spawn correctly, but you are garaunteed to stay inside your ship if you follow the 3x3x3 rule.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe I can help you with this. I used to have the same problem. You need a 3x3x3 empty area with the ship core in the bottom center of it. I\'ve been able to place a few blocks in the bottom and still be able to spawn correctly, but you are garaunteed to stay inside your ship if you follow the 3x3x3 rule.