A new prototype propulsion system

Reaction score
    This new system would not be built along with your ship, it instead would be required to be "docked" to your ship this would allow for a few new features to happen,

* first, the new core would establish a FTL way of flight to be determined later by whoever designs it

*second, The system could be targeted, ejected, or overloaded and caused to explode, if it takes to much damage, this would make people rethink reactor design, espically for larger ships as thier turnrates are much slower, but thier shields are stronger. Fighters would be allowed to have smaller reactores, they would need to recharge more often, but would be still capable of limited ftl speeds.

*third, the new docking array would transfer power to the core, and back to the batteries if you will, that if overloaded via a core breach, would be damaged or destroyed, people this could be fun....

*Forth, any movie, game, anything involving ships makes the reactor a needed part, almost as much as a command area, or flight deck, or hanger bay, starmade was built for this, its just another logical step.

I would like to hear back on this idea, let me know what you think, and if its just a comment about "it sucks" keep it to yourself, i dont wanna hear how bad you think it sucks, tell me how to improve it and maybe we might just get noticed, by the admins.....lol yeah right

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Agree, this will take the battles (Faction and non Faction) to a whole new level!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I can't actually tell what you're suggesting. Externally docked FTL drives? That's all I got out of it. I've downvoted because that sounds stupid.

If you want an externally docked propulsion system, you can use Push Pulsars. Look up "Starmade Orion Pulse Drive", they used to be somewhat popular.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema's already working on warp effect/warpgates.