A New Logic

Reaction score
    I have an idea about the logic mechanics in game...

(I don't know english and i'm using google translate so sorry for grammar killing..

AND also i don't know it is probably thinked by everyone else except me...

So if there any suggestion like this one before just ignore it.)

A speacial unite like [shop module]

It is going to be quiete funny and usefull unite [not a component]...

As for begginig i want to share some pictures of random logical simulation program like this one:

I think in game the logical blocks are literally the space killers and also cause of lag...

But with this unite (i think) there will be a diffirence...
    It is going to be like a "breadboard unite module".We can put all logical components to in it and connect them in one block....

We can link the other blocks to it because it has some input and output with that we can make a lot of things with 1 block.

In this block there will be a "coordinated component spacers" so ["coordinates" because it is going to easy to coding at least (i dont know about coding but) just a thought] for game when we put some logical components like AND , OR Gates....

Like a display module click it change someting aaaand done

But it has to be a limit, limit for components so if you want to make a server killer you need to craft more breadboard unite ...

I think decorative switchboard or other decorative blocks are useful hosts for this

It is also a thought ... just a thought 0_o

with only one unite, we can able to make a lot of things and THERE WİLL BE NO MORE SPACE KİLLERS

And also another idea:
    in game we have some pipe :pipe: blocks , when we link logical blocs together they are linked by something like pipe u know i cant describe it i dont have english i using google translate :/
    But no one really wants that a weird cylinder go trough right in the middle of their own station...
    So if we can redirect those "linking connection cylinders" things with our pipe blocks it will be really useful
    and designful...

And thanks for reading this and if you don't like it just give me a smile like this one: (n)

Reactions: wafflepie

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So to summarize, basically a "circuit" or "computer" block, with its own separate block grid for logic, so that complex logic takes no more space than simple logic. It would all be in a single block with a single input and single output.

For re-directing logic connection pipes, use additional activation blocks to redirect the pipe. It is just like the suggestion for using pipes to redirect. Just use the additional activation blocks in a circuit around the open space, so that the logic connections are hidden behind walls. (or through pipes, as the case may be)

However, I too would like to see various per-ship options for logic connections. My personal preference would be that logic connections only show up in build mode.

Reactions: YLDRMHan

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    With regex-commands we might be able to do that in future.
    A.content + B.content = C.content 123+888=9AB

Perhaps you could write a program to edit display blocks externally outside SM. SMEdit edits SM-blueprints but is not up to date now.
    I would like an API to issue player-actions ingame on display block contents and linking too (link selected display-blocks to API action).

I can imagine a console API like this:
    Code:
    #! ~/.StarMade/cmd_api.sh
    result = ~/Documents/StarMade/programXY $2
    echo "$1 $result"

Last edited:
    Reactions: JumpSuit

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    in game we have some pipe :pipe: blocks , when we link logical blocs together they are linked by something like pipe u know i cant describe it i dont have english i using google translate :/
    We call them, "Logic Pipes." :)

Reaction score
    With regex-commands we might be able to do that in future.
    A.content + B.content = C.content 123+888=9AB

Perhaps you could write a program to edit display blocks externally outside SM. SMEdit edits SM-blueprints but is not up to date now.
    I would like an API to issue player-actions ingame on display block contents and linking too (link selected display-blocks to API action).

I can imagine a console API like this:
    Code:
    #! ~/.StarMade/cmd_api.sh
    result = ~/Documents/StarMade/programXY $2
    echo "$1 $result"
    But i think it is more useful for everyone if it has a good interface like a puzzle...

We call them, "Logic Pipes." :)
    i'll keep that in mind. :)

Reaction score
    I like the idea, perhaps id like to add a little bit.
    What if inside this breadboard we had blocks that can set the state of bobby ai, or send actions to the ai.
    Or even better, detect states of the ship systems and output when the condition is reached, like "sheilds<30%" or "PowerReserve=100%"
    It would be cool to have a ship that tells you its status. Like "Warning! Heat level critical"

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    This seems more like something that could be added to the logic system rather than a replacement for it. The current system is probably easier for players who don't have a background in electronics or coding. I've played with stuff like what you describe in modded Minecraft and it's great if you know how it works but most players just used the basic redstone because it was easier to learn.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have an idea about the logic mechanics in game...

(I don't know english and i'm using google translate so sorry for grammar killing..

AND also i don't know it is probably thinked by everyone else except me...

So if there any suggestion like this one before just ignore it.)

A speacial unite like [shop module]

It is going to be quiete funny and usefull unite [not a component]...

As for begginig i want to share some pictures of random logical simulation program like this one:

I think in game the logical blocks are literally the space killers and also cause of lag...

But with this unite (i think) there will be a diffirence...
    It is going to be like a "breadboard unite module".We can put all logical components to in it and connect them in one block....

We can link the other blocks to it because it has some input and output with that we can make a lot of things with 1 block.

In this block there will be a "coordinated component spacers" so ["coordinates" because it is going to easy to coding at least (i dont know about coding but) just a thought] for game when we put some logical components like AND , OR Gates....

Like a display module click it change someting aaaand done

But it has to be a limit, limit for components so if you want to make a server killer you need to craft more breadboard unite ...

I think decorative switchboard or other decorative blocks are useful hosts for this

It is also a thought ... just a thought 0_o

with only one unite, we can able to make a lot of things and THERE WİLL BE NO MORE SPACE KİLLERS

And also another idea:
    But no one really wants that a weird cylinder go trough right in the middle of their own station...
    So if we can redirect those "linking connection cylinders" things with our pipe blocks it will be really useful
    and designful...

And thanks for reading this and if you don't like it just give me a smile like this one: (n)
    Not a bad idea. Looks like the post processing tools blender and other programs use.
    Other than that it is essentially a PLC with just more graphics. That isn't a nock. I like PLCs in fact suggested it before but with using ladder logic. Either would be cool to have.