A mix of Crafting, adding content, and salvage issue solving

What do you think? Do you want to see this and think it's cool, or think it's a bad idea?

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    So I had an idea because I believe we've noticed that if someone goes over the top with salvaging planets it tends to lag servers. Because it seems a lot of the community wants new content as well as for the game to be fixed, I figured this would give people something fresh to work with and figure out while someone works on making salvaging planets lag less.

Cubatoms should be brought back.

Now stay with me here because this seems like a bad idea until I explain HOW it could be brought back.

1.) Cubatoms should be gathered only from terrain while not giving as many resources as ore or shards. There should be enough blocks to cover the different "natural" types.

2.) Cubatoms could be used like capsules to fill in empty or no longer used IDs. Because some of these mechanics are already in place and work fairly decently it shouldn't bee too hard or take an obscene amount of time to get done, though I'm not a programmer nor am I familiar with scripting so I may be wrong here.

3.) Finally, there could be a couple of science kit blocks that behave similar to factories, one to extract cubatoms and another to assemble different types to make either cubatoms or even ore/shards depending on what the devs feel like. It can either be used as an extraction system or as a more painstaking mean to make blocks.

This sort of system may take time, but can not only helps with any sort of salvaging lag by slightly reducing the amount of resources needed, but gives the devs some new content to add to temporarily fix the issue. It gives new people something fresh to look at, makes terrain useful for something other than decoration, and can also appeal to vets as they see a new twist on an old mechanic. It can also be used as a way to further balance out the crafting mechanics depending on how it's implemented. On top of all of that it can also help people if they can't get their hands on a certain type of resource due to lack of availability in their faction's territory. Hopefully the new content will also keep people busy while the devs have some more time to work out bug fixes if this is worked in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The reason the cubatoms were removed is that they were a very explotiable system once you understood it. With only a few blocks of terrain you could make any block in the game. I would rather see a simple recyler-type block that gives you a bit of scrap and capsules from large quanities of terrain.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The reason the cubatoms were removed is that they were a very explotiable system once you understood it. With only a few blocks of terrain you could make any block in the game. I would rather see a simple recyler-type block that gives you a bit of scrap and capsules from large quanities of terrain.
    I think there 'might' be enough types of terrain even to have each one produce a different capsule. Like 100 grass terrain produces X, 500 rock produces Y, and so on.