A main hub spawn station, with services like insurance and banking

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After a while, i have seen some complaints pop up over and over again. These range from players hitting complete rock bottom and are out of money and their ships on the servers have been destroyed, to people wanting home stations to be attacked.

these complaints address one big problem: if you hit rock bottom in starmade, you have a long space rock to the nearest plane/asteroid to start all over again.

I propose a simple solution: A main starting station, similar to the old tutorial, that will be a default home base for everyone. if you die, you will always have the option to spawn here.

What makes this base special, is that it will have special unique services here. One is a bank, so that you can save your money here. You can also take out a loan to buy a station at this bank, and insure your ships and purchases for a small credit fee a month.

While this takes a lot of difficulty away, it does make things a bit easier for new people, and less catastrophic if stuff gets destroyed. The best part of this being a unique location, is that we can have an option to turn it off in the server configs if people want to make a more difficult game.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some of this already is in place: there are the undeathinators on the main trading station that you can use to respawn there, and there is a shop there, which you can buy starting materials for very few credits. The real problem is that if you are stuck out in space, there is no way to die and get back there.

I do like the idea of loans, perhaps if you don't pay it back in time a fleet is sent in search of you/bounty system.

Reactions: Theats
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    A main starting station ...
    I'm pretty sure they already have one built. I'm not sure if it is in the game, though. You can see it in some of the livestreams they did quite a while back, and it might be on their test server.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    It would be nice if you turn on "buy for credits" only for spawn and set a list of ships available to do that with so players getting killed could get right back into a cheap, basic ship without all the hassle. It doesn't feel realistic (and isn't fun) that startups have to bolt every ship together from raw components and no one would ever consider setting up a business to sell people actual ships (and if you've ever tried selling ships as a player, you'll know why players cannot effectively fill this role without the addition of new features supporting whole ship sales).

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You can suicide back to your last spawn point. Which by default starting station.

I would like to be able select from a list of previous spawn points. Handy if you have a station prefernce that has spare resources.