A little list of things i would like to see in the game.

Reaction score
    This list is something i threw together today, a list of all the ideas i could think of which i would like to see in this game.
    • Grappling Hooks:
    - Station or ship mounted grappler for use in attack or utility functions on stations and ships.
    - Perhaps even grappling hooks for astronaut mode which can be used for travel on planets, stations, ships, and in space.

• Replacer module, put in the schematic for the ship and materials and it will replace lost blocks over time, making recovery after battles much less tedious.
    - Module could draw from internal inventory or attached chest.
    - Could be used to build a ship from scratch if attached to a solitary core and activated.
    - Allows for mass production of ships if used to construct a ship from scratch with a replacer module.
    - Could be used to implement station schematics, input sufficient materials and station schematic onto station starter block with replacer and station is built over time from scratch.

• Permissions for modifying bases/stations

• Player operated stores which have permissions for adding/removing goods, purchasing/selling goods.
    - (may or may not be destructible/drop loot, may or may not only be placeable on faction ships or faction home bases)

• Faction chat mode, so that you do not have to type /f every time.

• Permissions modules for ships, allowing only certain ranks of faction members or allowing all but certain factions, along with an interface for setting faction permissions on docking modules, cores, build blocks.
    - Could possibly be used in conjuction with currently implemented faction modules or introduced solely in a new module type

• Improved blueprint management: folders; advanced permissions options including faction permissions for blueprint usage and blueprint sharing with specific individuals.

• A ship module which opens targeted doors within range and line of sight via a beam or radio signal.

• A "Door computer" which can be used to remotely open doors while in command of a ship, or to open doors connected to the computer on a station.

• Simpler private messaging feature, possibly right click on name in player list to pm, or enter /pm and then press tab to cycle through players currently on the server.

• Placeable signs for labelling/naming areas/other uses.

• A better selling interface in shops for faster selling of goods.

• Better shop organization for easier browsing: options to sort alphabetically or by cost.

• An adjustable interface size.

• A modifiable chest interface; show full chest with no scrollbar, sorting tool, auto-stacking of same blocks.

• Buying ships works differently, e.g: the shop has to have the blocks to build the ship, or you can make the blueprint from blocks on your person and buy any missing blocks from the store.

• E.M. missiles which do no damage to blocks but damage shields and interrupt electronic systems.

• Advanced radar for stations which can detect enemy ships at long range.

• Warp gates which have to be built with a gateway big enough to fit your ship into, with appropriate energy requirements and module expense.
    - More "warp gate" modules required for a larger gateway field, with a diminishing return on gate size per module, and exponentially increasing power requirements the more gate modules used.
    - Warp gates would have travel time, but would still be far faster than conventional travel of the same distance.
    - There must be a gate at the departing and the arriving ends in order to travel, they must be the same dimensions.
    - Gates must be attuned to each other via a frequency, password, or code to function as a connected pair.

• Greater variety of randomly generated stations, perhaps with a server owner being able to import station blueprints and set which stations spawn.

• Server owner ability to control the rarity of planets, asteroids, stations, perhaps even shops.

• Greater variety of light colors. (I would personally like to have purple lights)

• Lights with a higher radius of light which require power to function.

• A light "computer" which allows you to link multiple lights to one switch and turn on and off a number of lights without tedium.

• Consoles which allow weapons to be placed and used on stations.

• Docking computers which allow you to undock a ship from a station's docking modules without being inside the docked ship.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Wow, great list. A lot of the ideas are already planned (sorry I don\'t have time to comment on every point right now)

Reaction score
    I feel gratified that you took the time to read my list.
    Thank you again for your time, and for making such a great game for us.